Author Topic: Boy, Windows sure does suck  (Read 2228 times)

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
Re: Boy, Windows sure does suck
« Reply #15 on: 14 January 2006, 00:59 »
Well, since Windows 2000 is not an available operating system, I might never know.

MarathoN

• Kudos: 168
« Reply #16 on: 15 January 2006, 02:46 »
Quote from: worker201
Well, since Windows 2000 is not an available operating system, I might never know.

Well, that seriously sucks, because XP is shit. :)

noob

• Kudos: 74
« Reply #17 on: 15 January 2006, 12:55 »
I can burn dvd's and do all the normal crap I do on my PC, with, I am ashamed to say, XP.
Specs:
Athlon 64 3400+
512 MEG DDR400
160 GB SATA HDD
x700 256 MEG Graphics
(All other usual crap)
Windows XP Service Pack 2. Because we couldn't be arsed the first time.

Windows 98 Second Edition. Look, now you don't need that bloody CD to install new hardware.

Windows Vista. Even your computer knows you have a small penis.

Windows Blackcomb. We are planning the OS after Vista, which is allready a year late.

Windows ME, the Marmite Operating System.

XP Mobile. Take your errors with you.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #18 on: 15 January 2006, 18:22 »
Quote from: MarathoN
Ah hmm, I read a thread and someone claimed that Windows 2000 does a far better job of multi-tasking than XP does, which wouldn't surprise me, XP really sucks for speed.

Rubbish, Windows XP has the same kernel as Windows 2000, the former is NT 5.0.x, the latter is NT 5.1.x, they have exactly the same multi-tasking capabilities. Windows XP is as bad or good as Windows 2000 at multi-tasking, it wouldn't make and sense for it to be any worse.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

noob

• Kudos: 74
« Reply #19 on: 15 January 2006, 19:34 »
It would make sense. "Vista has even better multi-tasking support that XP."
Windows XP Service Pack 2. Because we couldn't be arsed the first time.

Windows 98 Second Edition. Look, now you don't need that bloody CD to install new hardware.

Windows Vista. Even your computer knows you have a small penis.

Windows Blackcomb. We are planning the OS after Vista, which is allready a year late.

Windows ME, the Marmite Operating System.

XP Mobile. Take your errors with you.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #20 on: 15 January 2006, 19:51 »
Maybe it will be.

I can understand Vista being slower and using more resources than XP but I fail to see why MS would make it worse at memory management and multi-tasking.

What you're saying is the same as saying "Linspire isn't as good at multi-tasking as Slackware" which is crap, Linspire might use more resources and be slower than Slack but they both have the same multi-tasking capabilities because they have the same fucking kernel.

Fuck it I've tried neither but I hope you get the point.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

adiment

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 519
« Reply #21 on: 15 January 2006, 20:15 »
Quote from: Pathos

Windows sucks at multitasking, changing the priority doesn't do squat from my experience.

changing priority on a game is good at screwing it up so you can't move and always look down! (try on any modern fps)

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
« Reply #22 on: 16 January 2006, 18:29 »
I can burn a DVD iso and play nethack at the same time on Linux ... yay !

Ok ... well burning an iso usually takes just about 50% of the CPU processing power or less ... so I don't think it's that bad ... it also seems to depend on the burn speed, I tend to use low burn speeds just so the chances of error are minimal ... and all my DVD+RW burn at 1x :( ... they won't burn at any higher speed even though they are rated at 4x ... the lieing bastards!