Author Topic: Multiboot machine?  (Read 2339 times)

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
Re: Multiboot machine?
« Reply #30 on: 30 January 2006, 00:45 »
Uhhh ... I've tried putting the whole Linux install on a logical partition and it didn't work ... it worked only with the boot partition as primary ... yeah I used GRUB

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
Re: Partitioning
« Reply #31 on: 30 January 2006, 19:29 »
Quote from: mobrien_12
It's inferior
It is fucking old shite! What's the alternatives (and I don't care about Windows)? What way do Macs work?
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #32 on: 30 January 2006, 23:49 »
What the fuck Vector Linux SOHO is taking fucking ages to install!

This is my second attempt, the first resulted in an error message like:

Something has gone wrong but don't worry, press enter to return to the shell, if you want the user friendly set up program back then type /sbin/vsetup(can't remember the last bit properly)

Fucking hell this is the kind of shitty error message I would expect from Windows XP not Linux!

Anyway I got setup to check the install CD (which I'd forgotton to do the last time) and it said it was ok, now I've set it to install again and gone away and left it, I've just had a look three hours later and it's still fucking going and it's only 65% complete. Bloodyhell I could do a direct install from the Internet with other distros (is it possible?) at this rate! :mad:
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #33 on: 30 January 2006, 23:57 »
Anyway I got setup to check the install CD (which I'd forgotton to do the last time) and it said it was ok, now I've set it to install again and gone away and left it, I've just had a look three hours later and it's still fucking going and it's only 65% complete. Bloodyhell I could do a direct install from the Internet with other distros (is it possible?) at this rate! :mad:
Sure you can do a network install from the internet. I did it with Debian once, and other distros also have minimal boot CDs for installation that fetch the latest packages from the repositories.

Some distros setup shells on different virtual terminals for logging stuff during installation. Try pressing CTRL+ALT+(F2,F3,F4 etc.) to see if there's one setup on there...
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #34 on: 31 January 2006, 00:08 »
Don't know if it's worth the trouble just connecting this box to the net would be a pain.

If this install fails I'll reburn the disc - I'm using re-wrightables here otherwise I don't know how many CDs I would've wasted.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu: