Author Topic: First ever virus for Mac OS X discovered  (Read 1906 times)

M51DPS

• VIP
  • Kudos: 30
Re: First ever virus for Mac OS X discovered
« Reply #15 on: 19 February 2006, 03:59 »
Even if Apple did release a security update for iChat.... just what would it be updating? If I really wanted to, I could write an AppleScript to send someone an instant message, or someone could create an Automator action. This is not really taking advantage of a flaw to speak of.

Am I the only one wondering about that security feature which asks you if you want to open an application for the first time when you click on executables you just downloaded? When the Opener malware came out, I thought we would be protected against things like this.

EDIT: Some of the links were a bit screwy....
« Last Edit: 20 February 2006, 16:10 by M51DPS »

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
Re: First ever virus for Mac OS X discovered
« Reply #16 on: 19 February 2006, 20:00 »
Quote from: sjor
The new Mac OS X update (10.4.5) specifically said the iChat was updated. So there we go, no worries!  :)
The 10.4.5 update was only 4 MB for PPC, but was 40 something for Intel.
That article was written after 10.4.5 happened.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.