Author Topic: Xbox 360 errors  (Read 4352 times)

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
Re: Xbox 360 errors
« Reply #15 on: 27 February 2006, 22:38 »
Quote from: Xeniczone
WHOW WHOW WHOW!!!! HOLD UP!!!!

You think the ATI chip and the custom made IBM cpu inside of the Xbox 360 is better then the Cell chip and the Reality Sysithiser!!!!!

What have you been smoken, what ever it is give to me it has to be strong (joking)

The xbox 360 is still using texture mapping.
Playstation 3 is moved on to a much more complex system used in movies that looks to real to be true. Off course the ps3 still doesn't look as good as the movies because it can only do 2.13 trillaflops per second and a super computer render farm would put out about 36 trillaflops per second. But it is much better then the xbox graphics.

Another thing is the Sony,Toshiba,IBM Cell chip is almost twices as fast as the IBM chip in Xbox. Not by speed but other physics. Like the Cell has 7 cores(it has 8 but one is disabled for some reason) the Xbox only has 3 cores.
7 cores is like a core dedicated to each items of the game. One core for sound one for geomitrys one for programming one for the ps3 os etc.

Not to mention Ps3 use of br-rom with holds almost 10x a normal dvd like xbox uses.

Sony ps3 also has a high quality of definition I think 1280p can't remeber the exact number.

Bluetooth is much better then xbox wireless. there has been reports if you have 2 xbox 360's in the same room they will pick up the others controllor. and ps3 has 7wireless 1 wired (8 controllor support) xbox only has 4
problem with 8 controllor support is can you imagine a 13in tv split 8 times :O
but that is what DUAL SCREEN SUPPORT IS FOR!!! YEH YEH

I like the ps3 looks better then xbox360 when I first saw a xbox 360 I thought it looked really good. Then I saw it in person wow didn't look so good to me anymore. I dont know why but to me (if you look at it in person) the cd rom looks out of place or something I can't explain it.

WRONG WRONG WRONG!

1.The cell is an 8 core CPU, BUT ITS NOT A TRUE 8 CORE CPU. Its 1 fully functional core with 7 "cippled" cores that can only do basic stuff

2. The reality sysnthesiser was in the PS2. If you think any of the PS3 games are going to look like that! YOU ARE MISTAKEN! THOSE ARE PRE-RENDERED IMAGES! PLUS IT HAS TO USE TEXTURE AND BUMP MAPPING TO HAVE MULTI PLATFORM GAMES!

3. The PS3's RSX(graphics proccessor) is a 7800GTX on 90nm. In case you havent noticed, nVidia is phasing out the 7800GTX. The xbox 360's r500 is a unified shader architecture wich allows more complex models and shaders to be used then a standard architecture like the RSX. And further more the r500 will be ATIs next desktop chip (r600).

4. IBM doesnt even know how to program the cell efficently yet.

5.The PS3 is already behind in graphics technology

The 7800GTX is already brought down to its knees at 1600x1200 on a single video feed. Do you honestly think it can drive two 1080p moniters! Even the devoplers for games for the PS3 said to achive respectable performence they would have to use 720p to.

The Blu-Ray dvd rom cant hold 80GB! It can only hold 50GB. plus right now Blue Ray drives are 3 TIMES SLOWER IN READ SPEED THEN DVDs! You would need a 3x Blu ray drive to equal the 12x drive in the xbox! That means multi platform games are gonna take 3x longer to load in the PS3!!! Once again Sony brings back wicked long load times!
sig.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #16 on: 27 February 2006, 23:56 »
Screen of death: Ok, we have all seen windows and it's blue screen of death. So what does microsoft do they put a black screen of death on the xbox. WTF This is the first game system to crash this isn't right.

LOL it's rumoured there's a way to change the colour of the blue screen of death, I'd personally choose red for danger or even better brown for oh we're in the shit now. :D

EDIT:
Here's how to change the screen of death colour.

Lets all say thanks to microsoft for fucking up the game industry.

fixed.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

noob

• Kudos: 74
« Reply #17 on: 28 February 2006, 00:22 »
If I was to buy another console, it would be either the PS3 or Revolution. I have the old XBOX, I like it. Looking at where DRM is going, I will be sticking with all my current stuff. Maybe my OS console will take off, who knows.
Windows XP Service Pack 2. Because we couldn't be arsed the first time.

Windows 98 Second Edition. Look, now you don't need that bloody CD to install new hardware.

Windows Vista. Even your computer knows you have a small penis.

Windows Blackcomb. We are planning the OS after Vista, which is allready a year late.

Windows ME, the Marmite Operating System.

XP Mobile. Take your errors with you.

Xeniczone

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #18 on: 28 February 2006, 00:47 »
LOL it's rumoured there's a way to change the colour of the blue screen of death, I'd personally choose red for danger or even better brown for oh we're in the shit now

odd how easy it is to mod windows over mac is that why there is so many viruses for it. lol

Sony has done a lot of bad things in the last year.

They aren't getting any of my money.

Read.

http://65.39.182.20/forums/showthread.php?t=9536

http://65.39.182.20/forums/showthread.php?t=9820

http://65.39.182.20/forums/showthread.php?t=10008

http://65.39.182.20/forums/showthread.php?t=10121

Not to mention they patented a technique for tying game disks to the console they are first played on. Buy a disk, you can't let a friend use it when you are done. You can't sell it. You can't buy used games. Wonder what they are going to do with this patent?

Some of these aren't logical. I think they are doing a thing where once you put it in one console you can't put it in another. but how can they do this. it is a cd it can't be written to unless each cd is built into a case with a mini mem card. if this is so just remove the batt. from the mem and reset it so that it will work for other systems. or remove it all together.

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #19 on: 28 February 2006, 00:48 »
My brother got a 360. We don't have many games, I play fifa on multiplayer most (and EA topped themselves, they stress the fuck outta 360 (shitty framrates during videos)!). I'd prefer pro evo on our original chipped xbox anyday. If it didn't break, man, it would be the 360 sitting out in the corner.

Nintendo revolution all the way. I like the way nintendo go about this stuff (I don't want a 3ghz computer for playing games), I'd love to see the revo be a huge success. If pro evo never existed, I woulda had way more fun on the dreamcast and gamecube than any playstation or xbox. It's all about the games and how the hardware copes with them (if it just about copes it's usually better than coping ten times over, because the hardware wouldn't have cost as much).

Hell, I'd get a dreamcast (but I don't play games much...).
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: 28 February 2006, 01:14 »
Quote from: piratePenguin
My brother got a 360. We don't have many games, I play fifa on multiplayer most (and EA topped themselves, they stress the fuck outta 360 (shitty framrates during videos)!). I'd prefer pro evo on our original chipped xbox anyday. If it didn't break, man, it would be the 360 sitting out in the corner.

Nintendo revolution all the way. I like the way nintendo go about this stuff (I don't want a 3ghz computer for playing games), I'd love to see the revo be a huge success. If pro evo never existed, I woulda had way more fun on the dreamcast and gamecube than any playstation or xbox. It's all about the games and how the hardware copes with them (if it just about copes it's usually better than coping ten times over, because the hardware wouldn't have cost as much).

Hell, I'd get a dreamcast (but I don't play games much...).

EA cant make games for shit. They make shitty un-optomized games. I got around 25FPS   with NFS:MW! when FEAR wich lookes 7x better gets 60FPS
sig.

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: 28 February 2006, 01:26 »
Quote from: Lead Head
EA cant make games for shit. They make shitty un-optomized games. I got around 25FPS   with NFS:MW! when FEAR wich lookes 7x better gets 60FPS
Yea, they're games are built to be marketed I think. They can say "look we have better graphics" with a still image of something nice, but the secret is that it runs slow as fuck. The gameplay isn't even all that great.

Pro evo, on the other hand... Is pretty darn good.
« Last Edit: 28 February 2006, 02:09 by Lead Head »

Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: 28 February 2006, 01:39 »
Quote from: piratePenguin
Yea, they're games are built to be marketed I think. They can say "look we have better graphics" with a still image of something nice, but the secret is that it runs slow as fuck. The gameplay isn't even all that great.

Pro evo, on the other hand... If it was female, I would fuck it.

puhhleeze...you would hurt your self
sig.

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #23 on: 28 February 2006, 01:50 »
Quote from: Lead Head
puhhleeze...you would hurt your self
You're right. Edited.

Xeniczone

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #24 on: 28 February 2006, 03:12 »
EA cant make games for shit. They make shitty un-optomized games. I got around 25FPS with NFS:MW! when FEAR wich lookes 7x better gets 60FPS

wow that's odd I get 30fps on need for speed most wanted your computer sucks.
cause I know mine does. 2.2ghz pentium 4 with a nvidia geforce fx 5200.

doom 3 works fine for me too. hmmm... your computer is really screwed up.

The only game I have problems with is halo which runs at 18fps. Weird I dont have that problem on my mac with low frame in halo.?.?.?.

kinda odd... and EA doesn't make shity games they make some of the best games around. games list that is alsome from ea suchs as need for speed: MW, battlefeild 2, burnout.

A game I can't wait to see is MORTAL KOMBAT: next-gen on ps3 with that RS GRX chip wow that game is going to rock.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: 28 February 2006, 03:15 »
Hmm. I hav x800 pro unlocked to 16 pipes, athlon 64 3000+ with 1GB ram. I get   abnout    40fps on halo (its   an un-optomized POS too), go into NFS:MW wanted settings and turn everything up to its max, like i did, and then see what you get.

EA makes some of the worst games. Like BF2, sure its fun, but they make you pay for expansion packs that are really updates and make you pay like $20 fora  few extra maps and guns. NFS:MW is pretty lame to

PS: I get 60FPS on Doom 3 on ultra mode at 1024x768

PSS. What are you talking about? RSX is previous/current gen tech, not next gen. RSX=7800GTX WICH IS BEING PHASED OUT!
sig.

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
« Reply #26 on: 28 February 2006, 03:35 »
Mortal Kombat is kinda getting real shitty. I played pretty much all Mortal Kombats ever made, and I can say that at least recently the shittyness has increased exponentially. Especially the very last release (or at least the last one I purchased) ... MK Deception. Nice graphics ... really shitty gameplay. It's also pretty much a clone of the one before that MK Deadly Alliance only they scrambled the fighting styles among the characters and added a few new and lame characters, oh yeah and the quasi-RPG mode (crappy also ... the plot is completely fucked). I think maybe they should stop mass production of Mortal Kombat and focus more on quality.

PS: ATI blows !

Pathos

• Kudos: 416
« Reply #27 on: 28 February 2006, 08:49 »
Battlefields biggest weakness was that you couldn't play bots in a multiplayer game. It sucks without at least 20-40 players.

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #28 on: 28 February 2006, 09:36 »
EA cant make games for shit. They make shitty un-optomized games. I got around 25FPS with NFS:MW! when FEAR wich lookes 7x better gets 60FPS

Waaaaaahh. I only got better than cinema framerate... waaaaaaaaah. I only got a framerate high enough that the human mind interprets it as normal motion. Boo fucking hoo.
Go the fuck ~

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #29 on: 28 February 2006, 10:33 »
If you really want framerate, play on 320x240 with every graphic setting on low. That ought to do the trick.