Author Topic: Vista, Mac OS X Clone?  (Read 9759 times)

Pathos

• Kudos: 416
Re: Vista, Mac os Clone.
« Reply #45 on: 7 March 2006, 11:24 »

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
« Reply #46 on: 7 March 2006, 23:36 »
Quote from: Pathos
http://digg.com/software/Microsoft_admits_Vista_borrows_heavily_from_OS_X...%28sort_of%29

arg can't argue with the devil himself....

So there's a panther folder on OSX too isn't there ? Damn ... if it's true then you certainly can't argue.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #47 on: 8 March 2006, 02:36 »
Interesting

Sources>Panther. If that isnt photoshoped then it looks like Vista is using parts from panther. Can someone verify this>
sig.

Jack2000

« Reply #48 on: 8 March 2006, 12:26 »
it could have been a better world if ms and the other companies just
stuck to command-line os es and
mouse and shit only IN the games and programs :)
you can still have multi task os ...
but just command line style :D

Xeniczone

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #49 on: 9 March 2006, 02:29 »
This maybe apples big break. If microsoft release vista with all this stuff even the "Panther" folder then apple can sew and sew hard for copyright infragments. Because you shouldn't have to copy right everything you make the Mac OS X is copyrighted it's self saying that the os is copyrighted and everything in it. If microsoft release a replace calling it "it's own" then apple has everyright to sew. And if they do apple may become a bigger industry who wants to buy stuff from thefs

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: 9 March 2006, 04:22 »
Quote from: Xeniczone
This maybe apples big break. If microsoft release vista with all this stuff even the "Panther" folder then apple can sew and sew hard for copyright infragments. Because you shouldn't have to copy right everything you make the Mac OS X is copyrighted it's self saying that the os is copyrighted and everything in it. If microsoft release a replace calling it "it's own" then apple has everyright to sew. And if they do apple may become a bigger industry who wants to buy stuff from thefs

I suppose Apple has a bunch of kintters too?

Please check your spelling.
sig.

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
« Reply #51 on: 9 March 2006, 04:51 »
Quote from: Xeniczone
... you shouldn't have to copy right everything ... apple has everyright to sew ...

Well if apple wants to sue ... they can ... but the two important questions are:

1) Will they sue M$ ? ... when in the past they haven't even had the courage to speak out against them ... and do everything in fear of the Almighty Gates (call apple the good Gates' fearing folk)

2) Will they win if they try ? ... after all how good of a lawyer do you need to get ? O.J. got away with murder ... can Gates get away with copyright infringement ... hell yeah :D

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #52 on: 9 March 2006, 14:54 »
Um. Does anyone know what's in the Panther folder?
Maybe they took some artwork or something. Maybe it's licensed under a friendly license or MS bought a license to it. Or maybe it's got nothing to do with Apple at all....
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Xeniczone

« Reply #53 on: 10 March 2006, 00:32 »
Well if apple wants to sue ... they can ... but the two important questions are:

1) Will they sue M$ ? ... when in the past they haven't even had the courage to speak out against them ... and do everything in fear of the Almighty Gates (call apple the good Gates' fearing folk)

2) Will they win if they try ? ... after all how good of a lawyer do you need to get ? O.J. got away with murder ... can Gates get away with copyright infringement ... hell yeah

He shouldn't it is all based on the judge and the jury. To make it fair they should have a jury of some windows users some mac users then a linux user since the jury is odd number. If you have a jury of all windows users you know who is going to win.

Should Apple sue if they find as many things similar as they do they I guess they should unless bill trys to pay them off of something.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #54 on: 10 March 2006, 16:05 »
I don't know about the US but in the UK this sort of case isn't likely to be in front of a jury, but magistrates who are probably most likely to be Windows users. I wouldn't go round segregating Windows Mac and Linux users as lots of people use all three, I suppose you could subsitute the word "users" for zealots though.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #55 on: 10 March 2006, 18:45 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
I don't know about the US but in the UK this sort of case isn't likely to be in front of a jury, but magistrates who are probably most likely to be Windows users. I wouldn't go round segregating Windows Mac and Linux users as lots of people use all three, I suppose you could subsitute the word "users" for zealots though.
Or else they just happen to have a preference.

I'm sure it'd be all legal in a case like this. I doubt there'd be any "ah sure they make a nice operating system" stuff going on. But I dunno...
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #56 on: 11 March 2006, 13:29 »
Not everyone has a preference, and yes their job is to look at the evidence put before them and decided whether they're guilty or not and if so what kind of punishment they deserve.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Xeniczone

« Reply #57 on: 16 March 2006, 03:09 »
i got windows vista beta 1 running on my pentium 3 and i can't get the menu bar that you see in the bottom 2 pictures. Once i can get it to work I will take a better screen of it.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: 16 March 2006, 03:49 »
Congrats you are the only person insane enough to run vista on a p3
sig.

mobrien_12

• VIP
  • Kudos: 711
    • http://www.geocities.com/mobrien_12
« Reply #59 on: 16 March 2006, 03:56 »
Good gravy... Is that worse than running Win98 on a 486/66 with 16 MB of RAM (MS official minimum system requirements)?
In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight....