Author Topic: Which browser should I switch to?  (Read 2237 times)

suselinux

• Kudos: 30
Which browser should I switch to?
« Reply #30 on: 15 September 2003, 21:41 »
quote:
Originally posted by Xp Convert:
possibly the bast and safest browser out there

needs a spell checker?

Don't even start!

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #31 on: 15 September 2003, 19:14 »
Konqueror

5/5

There's no Flash plug-in for Konqueror, while there is one for Mozilla on Linux, but Konqueror is a little bit better.

Mozilla would kick the ass of Konqueror if they compiled it for GTK+ 2, but I guess that will never come...

Parrott

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #32 on: 16 September 2003, 16:22 »
i was just suggesting he got the plug in  

bananafodder

• http://kickme.to/bananafodder
« Reply #33 on: 17 September 2003, 21:16 »
yeah, i switched from IE to Mozilla 2 months ago, and it gave me a slight problem where i couldn't download things, but i quick look in the forums and bingo, i found the problem. unlike IE where the problem persists and no one knows how to fix it cuz microsoft is full of c*ck suckers. it's really great.. i like the tab navigating, and doesn't mozilla use netscape? or something to that extent? anyone care to explain?

latino4ever8

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.n-revolution.com
« Reply #34 on: 18 September 2003, 00:06 »
i downloaded mozilla and installed it but it wouldnt load pages and instead of trying to fix it i just went back to IE rather not have to try so hard to get something that is probably not that great.
I like macs by the way and safari and all except that i would like the competitiors to have an edition ready already- im not going to download beta edition on my computer, its got enough bugs already...
if there was a good competitor i would download in a flash

Mike
RHIXK - WM - NUZ- AE - JL
1=IL 2=ZR 3=EB 4=A 5=S 6=GB 7=T 8=B 9=Q 0=O

Windows_SuX_@$$

« Reply #35 on: 18 September 2003, 00:19 »
Mozilla Firebird is the best one!
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBBCode Images are permitted.

suselinux

• Kudos: 30
« Reply #36 on: 18 September 2003, 21:23 »
quote:
Originally posted by needs to know:
i downloaded mozilla and installed it but it wouldnt load pages and instead of trying to fix it i just went back to IE rather not have to try so hard to get something that is probably not that great.
I like macs by the way and safari and all except that i would like the competitiors to have an edition ready already- im not going to download beta edition on my computer, its got enough bugs already...
if there was a good competitor i would download in a flash

Mike

If you really don't like Mozilla try opera

Try an older version of mozilla like 1.3, but I see no reason why any version should not work.

You could also try Netscape, it's just Mozilla with AOL's signature.

But please please please do not use IE, for your own good and for the rest of the world!

another2

« Reply #37 on: 26 September 2003, 01:54 »
mozilla-firebird, i love it.  i tried epiphany but man, talk about a freakin beta build.  it crashes more than windows 95 (i'm not joking)