Operating Systems > Not Quite Mainstream OSes

Syllable

<< < (2/4) > >>

piratePenguin:
There's quite a few OSes like this (haiku off the top of my head). I like to see them. Better than a GNU/Linux distribution, the developers write basically everything themselves so it's usually integrated (good and bad, good and bad).

They're just making an OS that's fast and easy to use, and they're doing it their way.

Aloone_Jonez:
Maybe so but I was being sarcastic, I can't see how an OS that has poor  and relies on heavily emulation can be fast.

H_TeXMeX_H:
The two are kinda intertwined and almost ubiquitous in "Not Qutie Mainstream OSes" ... they need more emulation because they have less compatibility, that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be really slow, but it's probably gonna be slower than non having to use emulation.

Refalm:

--- Quote from: Aloone_Jonez ---Maybe so but I was being sarcastic, I can't see how an OS that has poor  and relies on heavily emulation can be fast.
--- End quote ---

I don't think the OS itself relies on emulation, I think some of their applications do.

Orethrius:
Wow, I was unaware that Syllable had switched from a Linux backend and Be frontend to just using VPC to handle everything.  Then again, it might just be a misunderstanding over poorly chosen words.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version