Author Topic: Firefox myths  (Read 8604 times)

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
Re: Firefox myths
« Reply #105 on: 24 June 2006, 17:03 »

Firefox mythsJune 23rd, 2006 09:04 PMMastertechMisinformation

Yes, I know your banned, but how exactly is my post about the Pentium with with win98 misinformation?
sig.

Canadian Lover

• VIP
  • Kudos: 122
« Reply #106 on: 24 June 2006, 18:30 »
Oh dear lord! You negitive rep me for "misinformation"? Too bad it dosnt hurt me.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #107 on: 24 June 2006, 18:49 »
Quote from: Lead Head

Yes, I know your banned, but how exactly is my post about the Pentium with with win98 misinformation?

Well get the admin to unban him and see - some how I don't think we've finished with him yet.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #108 on: 24 June 2006, 20:19 »
* Download speed of what? A file? That has nothing to do with the browser. It has to do with your bandwidth limit of your internet connection.
There's actually some interesting things in this area. FF checks for ipv6 DNS first so it's slower to resolve domain names. However, it supports HTTP pipelining, which I've noticed does make a good difference when loading pages with lots of external objects (e.g. images) - all the objects are requested at once and come up faster. HTTP pipelining is disabled by default though, because it doesn't work with some (non-standard?) web-servers, but I've never had a problem with it.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #109 on: 24 June 2006, 20:28 »
* Download speed of what? A file? That has nothing to do with the browser. It has to do with your bandwidth limit of your internet connection.
There's actually some interesting things in this area. FF checks for ipv6 DNS first so it's slower to resolve domain names. However, it supports HTTP pipelining, which I've noticed does make a good difference when loading pages with lots of external objects (e.g. images) - all the objects are requested at once and come up faster. HTTP pipelining is disabled by default though, because it doesn't work with some (non-standard?) web-servers, but I've never had a problem with it.

Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Annorax

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 457
« Reply #110 on: 24 June 2006, 23:46 »
Quote from: Lead Head

Firefox mythsJune 23rd, 2006 09:04 PMMastertechMisinformation

He was abusing the reputation system by basically giving out negatives to anyone who posts.
Quote from: "bash.org"
<3M> ok guys i've finally got my windows me machine up and running again :D
if everything seems to be running well on windows me you've obviously overlooked something....
<3M> who is general failure and why is he reading my hard disc :(
somehow, "i told you so" doesn't quite say it ;)

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #111 on: 25 June 2006, 00:01 »
Quote from: Annorax
He was abusing the reputation system by basically giving out negatives to anyone who posts.
...except they come up as "balance" instead of negative - I like that rep system!

Canadian Lover

• VIP
  • Kudos: 122
« Reply #112 on: 27 June 2006, 22:42 »

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #113 on: 27 June 2006, 23:11 »
hehheh.

The more I read about this Andrew guy.... what a complete jackass.

http://www.browserdiscussions.com/showthread.php?tid=196
Actually my full name is Clint Eastwood and I live in Los Angeles. Unlike you whos full name is Pee Wee Herman who's blog can be found here: http://gay_blog.blogspot.com/
This man should be a comedian!

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #114 on: 28 June 2006, 00:15 »
There's more

We shouldn't have banned him, I don't think he deserves the satisfaction of adding us to his banned list, plus I had fun picking his arguments to pieces.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu: