Author Topic: bill gates to step down as chief soft. architect  (Read 3004 times)

_kill__bill

• VIP
  • Kudos: 355
Re: bill gates to step down as chief soft. architect
« Reply #15 on: 17 June 2006, 18:05 »
Crap, now I'll have to change my name...
Long Live the Revolution!

Jack2000

« Reply #16 on: 18 June 2006, 09:26 »
you like evil people? Think I can get a position in your government?
i think you could :)
will be glad to see a double hadooken :D

[OFFTOPIC]remembar that strip when the 4 light woriors are in the dead universe :) ... I would like the inf copyes of Black mage to do a hadoken
all at onece but ... :) life  [/OFFTOPIC]

mobrien_12

• VIP
  • Kudos: 711
    • http://www.geocities.com/mobrien_12
In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight....

mobrien_12

• VIP
« Reply #18 on: 18 June 2006, 18:41 »
Quote from: Jack2000
i think you could :)
will be glad to see a double hadooken :D

Street Fighter Ryu's Wave Motion Punch?

DavidB

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.freedomware.us/
« Reply #19 on: 19 June 2006, 18:36 »
Bill Gates is not a good business person. With the help of his equally sleazy father, a corporate attorney who helped establish the law/lobby firm of Preston, Gates & Ellis, Billy became the most successful con man/thief in world history. Now he's telling the world he's going to step down so he can devote all his time, energy and - most important - money to saving the world.

As I've said before, anyone who wants to know the truth about Bill Gates' "philanthropy" need only take a look at Seattle, where Bill Gates didn't even pay fair rent for his philanthropic HEADQUARTERS. Focus, especially, on public education, beginning with Bill Gates' short-lived K-12 Leadership Institute.

Bill Gates is an as*hole who has launched the biggest phony philanthropic crusade in world history. Evil or not, the Carnegies and Rockefellers will long be remembered by the libraries, banks and other institutions they left us. What will Bill Gates' legacy be?

Answer: The Seattle Public Library, where Seattle City Council member Nick "The Earthworm" Licata invites "poet populists" to read their works. What a joke.
Bill Gates & George W. Bush = America's Greatest Traitors (Freedomware and Jail4Bush)

Jack2000

« Reply #20 on: 19 June 2006, 22:52 »
yes mobrien_12 ... that one !
on nuklearpower.com's web comic
they are makeing fun of manny things :)
a high level spell is known as Hadouken :)
read it ...

Pathos

• Kudos: 416
« Reply #21 on: 20 June 2006, 07:38 »
Quote from: DavidB
Bill Gates is not a good business person. With the help of his equally sleazy father, a corporate attorney who helped establish the law/lobby firm of Preston, Gates & Ellis, Billy became the most successful con man/thief in world history. Now he's telling the world he's going to step down so he can devote all his time, energy and - most important - money to saving the world.

As I've said before, anyone who wants to know the truth about Bill Gates' "philanthropy" need only take a look at Seattle, where Bill Gates didn't even pay fair rent for his philanthropic HEADQUARTERS. Focus, especially, on public education, beginning with Bill Gates' short-lived K-12 Leadership Institute.

Bill Gates is an as*hole who has launched the biggest phony philanthropic crusade in world history. Evil or not, the Carnegies and Rockefellers will long be remembered by the libraries, banks and other institutions they left us. What will Bill Gates' legacy be?

Answer: The Seattle Public Library, where Seattle City Council member Nick "The Earthworm" Licata invites "poet populists" to read their works. What a joke.

you don't understand what we mean by 'Business'

Billy became the most successful con man/thief in world history

eg a brilliant 'Businessman'

we never said he had ethics only he knew how to use the system and people to get where he is.

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #22 on: 20 June 2006, 21:37 »
you don't understand what we mean by 'Business'

Billy became the most successful con man/thief in world history

eg a brilliant 'Businessman'

we never said he had ethics only he knew how to use the system and people to get where he is.

I think Adam Smith would be upset if he saw this.  The idea of a corporate tyrant controlling the market through lies and deceptions is just about as anti-capital as you can get.

The fact that we post-corporate consumers somehow think of this as "the way things are" is disgusting.

mobrien_12

• VIP
« Reply #23 on: 21 June 2006, 04:29 »
Quote from: worker201

The fact that we post-corporate consumers somehow think of this as "the way things are" is disgusting.

Sometime I look at the world and wonder  "this is not the way things are supposed to be?"

Do you do that too?

Pathos

• Kudos: 416
« Reply #24 on: 21 June 2006, 10:46 »
I think Adam Smith would be upset if he saw this.  The idea of a corporate tyrant controlling the market through lies and deceptions is just about as anti-capital as you can get.

There are alot of people including myself that don't like how people use the system and the fact that they succeed because of it buts thats life.

Is it fair that an employee that makes his boss a millionaire and only earns a 50k annual salary. Is that fair ?

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
« Reply #25 on: 21 June 2006, 18:52 »
Quote from: mobrien_12
Sometime I look at the world and wonder  "this is not the way things are supposed to be?"

Do you do that too?

Every damn day on this cursed planet ;)

worker201

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: 21 June 2006, 20:30 »
Quote from: Pathos
There are alot of people including myself that don't like how people use the system and the fact that they succeed because of it buts thats life.
The "that's life" argument is often used to explain the Windows monopoly, too.  But millions of people are using their money and their words to disagree.  In fact, a bunch of those people got organized and used the internet as a base from which to strike at the lies and deceptions surrounding Microsoft.  Unfortunately, very few people are interested in striking against the lies and deceptions that allowed Microsoft to legally become evil.
Quote from: Pathos
Is it fair that an employee that makes his boss a millionaire and only earns a 50k annual salary. Is that fair ?
No.  What's even more perverse is that the employee himself desires to be a millionaire and live off the toil of others.

[OFFTOPIC]Anyone else ever notice the green dichotomy?  Everywhere you go, you are confronted with this message that "money isn't everything".  And yet, everywhere you go, you are confronted with the sick reality that money really is everything.  "Money can't buy happiness" - but we all believe that it can.  How should we be expected to behave in the face of such a mixed message?[/OFFTOPIC]

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
« Reply #27 on: 21 June 2006, 21:01 »
[OFFTOPIC]Anyone else ever notice the green dichotomy?  Everywhere you go, you are confronted with this message that "money isn't everything".  And yet, everywhere you go, you are confronted with the sick reality that money really is everything.  "Money can't buy happiness" - but we all believe that it can.  How should we be expected to behave in the face of such a mixed message?[/OFFTOPIC]

It's not a mixed message ... it's hypocrisy, say one thing and believe another ... it's the way EVERYTHING works here :)

The hard part is keeping it together ... keeping a solid, bullet-proof facade ... look like the most richeous and be the most evil. Really I don't believe in good and evil, it's what benefits you and what doesn't ... most people apply this to society as a whole, which is very difficult. How can you be sure what is good for society ? Good = what helps society, bad = what harms society. A bit too Utilitarian if you ask me. Still, you will only see the facade of everyone, never what they are really like.

As for money, I'd like to say it means nothing, but in truth money can buy you anything :D Oh, wait, money can't buy me love ... can't buy me loooohoveee

worker201

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: 21 June 2006, 21:13 »
But money can buy you something that looks, sounds, feels, and smells a whole lot like love.

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
« Reply #29 on: 21 June 2006, 22:17 »
But money can buy you something that looks, sounds, feels, and smells a whole lot like love.

You forgot "tastes" particularly in areas where that's still legal.  :D

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals