Author Topic: Crazy mouse  (Read 784 times)

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
Crazy mouse
« on: 5 February 2004, 18:32 »
Just used a Windoze computer a few minutes ago (thank god someone just walked away from the only eMac in the room, anyway, I used it for a few seconds, the mouse was behaving in a very odd manner. I move the mouse, it stops midway as if it had reached the edge of the screen, I try to move it up, the cursor just slides sideways, and whatnot. On other computers, occasionally, for no reason I can imagine, the mouse suddenly goes crazy, runs in all directions, opens applications, clicks on icons, resizes windows, puts the taskbar on the top, opens the start menu, etc.

What kind of fucking crap is that???

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Crazy mouse
« Reply #1 on: 5 February 2004, 20:01 »
I've actually had that happen sometimes for a few seconds on the older computer. No clue what it means.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Crazy mouse
« Reply #2 on: 5 February 2004, 22:02 »
The system could be infected by a Trojan, or you where trying to open too many programs at one time. It's something that Windows (even XP) can't handle in the proper way, so Windows just slows down a lot and tries to do the tasksat a later time.

Laukev7

• VIP
Crazy mouse
« Reply #3 on: 5 February 2004, 22:58 »
The computers run Windows 2000, and all of them run an anti-virus software that slows down the systems to a crawl. Everything, from mouse movements to window resizing, loading webpages, typing in M$ Turd, moves in a jerky fashion. Move the mouse, it stops midway for a split second, then proceds, stops after a second and so on; resize a window, resizing stops midway; type a few words, the three first characters appears, then the rest after half a second, click on the start menu, half the menu appears, stop half a second, place the cursor on 'programs', takes half a second before it's selected; try to resize a window, stops midway, misses the resize button and clicks on the close button instead, and so on, and so on, and so on, and IT'S FUCKING ANNOYING!!!  :mad: .  :mad:    :mad:

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Crazy mouse
« Reply #4 on: 5 February 2004, 23:11 »
I've also seen that happen on computers with wireless optical mice when the batteries are dying or the IR signal is bad.

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
Crazy mouse
« Reply #5 on: 6 February 2004, 01:10 »
I've had the happen when I had a damaged wired mouse.

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Crazy mouse
« Reply #6 on: 5 February 2004, 18:08 »
Ive never seen that happen, and with NT, what Refalm said is entirely bullshit, well 95%. All the multitasking is from VMS, and most of the features in VMS completly own anything UNIX.

It does happen when morons play with process priority as well.

It could happen with some USB devices still I guess, if you have a PS/2 Mouse, I dont see it possible, USB stuff uses a whole load of bullshit to run.

I have a wireless RF mouse that jitters from time to time when my mobile phone is to close. That and its the same brand, channel, etc as my brothers mouse. Except our computers are so far apart it doesnt matter.

[ February 05, 2004: Message edited by: X11: read your PMs restin256 ]

Canadian Lover

• VIP
  • Kudos: 122
Crazy mouse
« Reply #7 on: 5 February 2004, 19:02 »
quote:
Originally posted by Laukev7:
Just used a Windoze computer a few minutes ago (thank god someone just walked away from the only eMac in the room, anyway, I used it for a few seconds, the mouse was behaving in a very odd manner. I move the mouse, it stops midway as if it had reached the edge of the screen, I try to move it up, the cursor just slides sideways, and whatnot. On other computers, occasionally, for no reason I can imagine, the mouse suddenly goes crazy, runs in all directions, opens applications, clicks on icons, resizes windows, puts the taskbar on the top, opens the start menu, etc.

What kind of fucking crap is that???

I had that happen while using photoshop!  :mad:

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
Crazy mouse
« Reply #8 on: 6 February 2004, 00:38 »
quote:
Originally posted by X11: read your PMs restin256:
All the multitasking is from VMS....

Probably not all of it.  MS put a lot of restraints on the NT/VMS development team, so a bunch of features never got into NT.
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Laukev7

• VIP
Crazy mouse
« Reply #9 on: 6 February 2004, 07:54 »
quote:
if you have a PS/2 Mouse,

No, no, I was at school when I was typing that; it's not my computer (I don't even have Windows 2000 on my computer anymore).

No USB there, of course, They're all old, crappy ps/2 mice, same goes for the computers. I know the antivirus is part of the problem, because when someone somehow manages to work around the permissions and disable it, everything goes back to normal. The crazy mouse thing is only on one or two of the computers.

They might as well install Linux on those computers, if they're so paranoid about security. Or better yet, dump all those old POS computers and replace them by eMacs. It's not like anyone is going to complain about lack of applications, since they don't allow people to install or even run applications.

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Crazy mouse
« Reply #10 on: 7 February 2004, 16:48 »
They should run Linux, emacs is a good text editor though.