Author Topic: Let's make a list of why Windows sucks  (Read 12754 times)

mobrien_12

• VIP
  • Kudos: 711
    • http://www.geocities.com/mobrien_12
Re: Let's make a list of why Windows sucks
« Reply #120 on: 30 December 2007, 07:59 »
Quote from: Simalcrum

I can see why. Office 2007 looks like the computer decided to vomit up a bunch of buttons. 2003 is actually organized.

And actually 2003's interface is a very significant step backwards from 2000 and even 97.  It puts all that CRAP on the right side of the screen, you have to use the mouse for too much stuff (like styles) which not only slows you down but is not good for your hands.  For example, when you wanted to change a style in 97/2000, it popped up a chooser window (EDIT this should have been called a "Dialog Box"), you picked the style, then hit "enter" or if you are a mouse junkie click OK.  It also had a Straightforward way to modify existing styles or create new ones.

In 2003, applying a style means popping up a huge pane on the right which you can't access by keyboard, only by mouse, and which has a really pain in the neck way to modify or build styles.

Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
Yes, I think I've seen that before, it looks annoying that the top toolbar takes up on third of the screen. Surely there must be a way to set it back to the classic veiw? I can't believe Microsoft would do something this stupid.

From what I understand, No.  MS wants you to get used to it.

Which, you know, just blows the whole "use MS stuff because that's what everyone is used to" argument to smithereens.  The new MS uses incompatible formats and a brand new interface.  It's entirely new software.  If another company tried to sell this, it would be dead in the water.
« Last Edit: 30 December 2007, 22:33 by mobrien_12 »
In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight....

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #121 on: 30 December 2007, 11:54 »
Shit, if I go for a new job and descover they use Office 2007, I'll walk out, unless they're pay me a hell of a load of money or let me use Office 2000 or OpenOffice.org.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Macrules

• Kudos: 40
« Reply #122 on: 30 December 2007, 22:20 »
Hey jack, I just thougt of this:
Shitty Filesystem Correction.
:fu: ,WINDOWS!

Funniest shit EVER!!! XD
Microsoft shuts down santa for talking dirty

92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. Put this in your signature if you are in the 8% that listen to REAL music.

Jack2000

« Reply #123 on: 30 December 2007, 22:58 »
Best bacronyms this month. :)

SiMuLaCrUm

• Kudos: 143
  • OMGWTFBBQ
« Reply #124 on: 31 December 2007, 00:35 »
@mobrien: That thing on the left can be closed. But yes, you are right, 97 does have a better GUI than '03.
Proudly posted on a computer

• VIP
  • Kudos: 223
« Reply #125 on: 1 January 2008, 18:06 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
Shit, if I go for a new job and descover they use Office 2007, I'll walk out, unless they're pay me a hell of a load of money or let me use Office 2000 or OpenOffice.org.
Yeah. I wouldn't even try the 30 day trial. The thing is, only MSs products look right under Vista, forcing users to use MS products unless they want everything looking out of place.

I can see a lot of users either moving to a Linux, or sticking with XP.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Re: Let
« Reply #126 on: 2 January 2008, 06:28 »
Quote from: Lead Head
but i hate MS-Paint, the one that comes with win2k can only save in .bmps wich i hate

I like mspaint, it reminds me of KolourPaint :)

Macrules

• Kudos: 40
« Reply #127 on: 2 January 2008, 08:05 »
Quote from: Jack2000
Best bacronyms this month. :)

Sweet. do I get sigged or somthing?
:fu: ,WINDOWS!

Funniest shit EVER!!! XD
Microsoft shuts down santa for talking dirty

92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. Put this in your signature if you are in the 8% that listen to REAL music.