Author Topic: Let's make a list of why Windows sucks  (Read 12874 times)

Blade

• Kudos: 10
Re: Let's make a list of why Windows sucks
« Reply #90 on: 3 November 2007, 02:16 »
Don't even start with me.

Why Windows sucks:

Once you get corrupt .cpl files, you are screwed! I can not open up windows explorer, control panel, or even the fucking recycle bin without EXPLORER.exe crashing. My task bar and icons disappear for about 10 seconds while I'm waiting for the damn thing to reload. But what option do I have? I really don't fell the urge to try and find the .cpl files and try to correct them... I may just fuck up windows even more!

I'll just have to reformat...AGAIN! Not even 4 months and I have to reformat this bitch again... I wish I had Ubuntu back...

Also... what pisses me off most is that my school uses the useless Windows network... and I swear, everyday the network is so made out of shit that the entire thing just locks up every damn PC in the entire classs room... whenever I try to open up the fucking network drives.

It's a real pain... I want Microsoft to go bankrupt!! They are DONE controling the entire world!

Jack2000

« Reply #91 on: 3 November 2007, 04:19 »
sfc /scannow
is your solution my friend ...

Macrules

• Kudos: 40
« Reply #92 on: 5 November 2007, 08:10 »
Quote from: Jack2000
sfc /scannow
is your solution my friend ...

Please, explain what this is for me: the rtard
:fu: ,WINDOWS!

Funniest shit EVER!!! XD
Microsoft shuts down santa for talking dirty

92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. Put this in your signature if you are in the 8% that listen to REAL music.

SiMuLaCrUm

• Kudos: 143
  • OMGWTFBBQ
« Reply #93 on: 5 November 2007, 23:52 »
Here are the biggest reasons to hate Windows.

1. Paint. That thing is a total piece of crap and a waste of code.

2. That freakin paper clip. So annoying.
Proudly posted on a computer

Jack2000

« Reply #94 on: 5 November 2007, 23:58 »
Simple click and hold the "win" key then press R then depress now type in the run dialog box : sfc /scannow

Have your windows xp cd ready and do as it sais...

What will happen is the repair utility will scan all "system" files for changes or if they are missing and fix them....

Simple solves 70% of all Mystery problems w/ libs and has been around since W98...

SiMuLaCrUm

• OMGWTFBBQ
« Reply #95 on: 6 November 2007, 00:04 »
Doesn't solve paint... or the paperclip...

yahurd

• Kudos: 384
  • Hero of Time
    • http://www.yahurd.my-place.us/
« Reply #96 on: 6 November 2007, 04:27 »
aero-ass

_LiquidOxygen

« Reply #97 on: 8 November 2007, 19:03 »
The only thing I can suggest if you want the paper clip in Microsoft Office away is for you to install the other assistants on the Office Disc, provided you still have it. This breaks every moral fibre in my body and possibly this site's rules too, but I think the feline assistant, Links, is really sweet.
Alternatively, if you don't want this, OpenOffice is one alternative answer. I currently have version 2.0 myself, and I'm looking for the latest version, 2.3.
As for Paint, it does have some uses - it can be used for editing and resizing photos. It can even be used to make avatars, emoticons, or simple animations, provided that you've got some animation software to combine the files together.

SiMuLaCrUm

• OMGWTFBBQ
« Reply #98 on: 8 November 2007, 23:56 »
I know how to turn him off. It's the computer illiterates who are annoyed by him haha...

Macrules

• Kudos: 40
« Reply #99 on: 12 November 2007, 17:20 »
this sfc /scannow thinngy, can it fix that my OS sits at the WINXP screen for 10 muinets not doing anything at all?
:fu: ,WINDOWS!

Funniest shit EVER!!! XD
Microsoft shuts down santa for talking dirty

92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. Put this in your signature if you are in the 8% that listen to REAL music.

Jack2000

« Reply #100 on: 14 November 2007, 01:03 »
Tried bootvis yet?

_LiquidOxygen

« Reply #101 on: 16 November 2007, 18:49 »
I got another thing to add to the list.

Sometimes does not resume from the Standby or Hibernation modes. I hate when I have to reboot the damn thing because it has stopped responding in either of those modes.

SiMuLaCrUm

• OMGWTFBBQ
« Reply #102 on: 17 November 2007, 00:17 »
*It lags like mad due to poor memory management.

_LiquidOxygen

« Reply #103 on: 17 November 2007, 21:18 »
Very true Sim. I've used Windows since I was a small child and I know it for its lack of stability and insecurity. In fact, Windows 95, 98, and Millenium Edition are all known for their lack of stability, appalling login methods and abysmal memory management.

When I had 98 installed on my system it would frequently show blue screen errors, even though I had done almost nothing obvious to upset the KERNEL32 or SHELL32 memory areas. :bsd:

With Windows 2000 and XP, problems with memory management are not as frequent or severe, but you'll see that when you close down Internet Explorer, the file IEXPLORE.EXE will sometimes start hogging all of the system resources and I cannot figure out why this would be. Must be a sloppily coded memory base area. I've heard from one of my college friends that this problem is even worse in Windows Vista, with this happening more frequently than in XP or 2000. Worse still, if you're using a single-core processor with any of these systems you can do hardly anything while the resources are being hogged, and even when you open the Task Manager, it will stop responding for minutes at a time while you try to terminate the process, so in all it takes about ten minutes to release the system from this grip. This happens quite frequently to me when I close down various websites. Even this one, and it's such a pain in the arse to put up with, especially when it starts messing around, flashing, and causing my computer to lock up.

If I could install Linux onto this computer I would - but my mum's not too keen on the idea. Can't blame her really - it's her system, and she's used Windows for longer than anyone else in the house has.

SiMuLaCrUm

• OMGWTFBBQ
« Reply #104 on: 18 November 2007, 03:59 »
Hmm... Well I have a single core, and I have seen how bad it is when a process decides to be a memory hog.