Author Topic: best of the worst  (Read 1335 times)

Lloydr

• Kudos: 0
best of the worst
« on: 11 July 2002, 21:24 »
ok since i have nothing to do with microshit i can't answer this question coming from my friend.....he asks which OS is better in terms of compare the windoze.....he got his newest computer a little while back that came with XPos and well i reformatted his hdd and fired up redhat for him...well he ain't exactly the sharpest spoon in the drawer and needs an OS for idiots to fall back on.....his choice for the dumbass OS in the dual boot will be Win98SE, Win2000, and WinXP....all suck i know but he needs somethin else while he learns the linux ropes.....ok in terms of reliability(CONSIDERING IT'S WINDOZE!), and gaming support....he don't really need a ton of gaming support...just some of the better ones really; i think he mentioned: delta Force2, delta force:landwarrior, comanche4, warcraft2/3, half-life, ghost recon, and a bunch of other games that are like that...dunno which others thats jus the ones he specified.....my guess would be games of that genre released about same time period...newer games basically. ok first off compare XP and 2000 for him and then compare 2000 and 98....which is better off on gaming/stability? Xp or 2000...and then which is better off on gaming/stability? 2000 or 98? this is basically exactly what he asked, jus translating it; my answer to him was that he don't even need shitty windoze but he's kinda a noob and needs a fallback OS when he gets to stupid to use a real OS like linux.....l8r

[ July 11, 2002: Message edited by: RedHat SW ]

Lloydr

best of the worst
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2002, 12:52 »
/\/\/\/\BUMP/\/\/\/\

c'mon guys my friend needs some help....for gaming for some1 new to linux...i'm setting him up with either mandrake 8.2 or Redhat7.3 and going to dual boot with either win98SE, Win2000, or WinXP....basically it comes down to hacking the shit out of XP or using 98se which i hate anywayz....which would run better in newer games...stripped down XP that gets its phone home bullshit ripped out of winblows98se? lol oh yea...i've rounded up a list of majority of the microshit spyware bullshit in XP, can anyone get ahold of a full list that has been proven by sniffed packets? thanx l8r

choasmaster

best of the worst
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2002, 13:18 »
win2k, it rapes you the least
id rather be on fire then use windoze

x86, a hack on a hack of a hack
alpha, the compaqed way
ppc, the fruity way
mips, the graphical way
m68k, the NeXT way
sparc, the reliable way

smokey

best of the worst
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2002, 14:33 »
definately win2k over xp. I am even downgrading xp to win2k just so I can delete the IE folder  :D . Under XP all those "critical system components" are protected in a very annoying way  :mad:    :mad:
//this is how I was born :)

cat /dev/urandom > /dev/mybrain

Tip for win98 (l)users: type copy /con/con in your command prompt to increase stability

xtac

best of the worst
« Reply #4 on: 18 July 2002, 22:00 »
Win2k is a hell of a lot more stable than win98 so if i were u go for win2k

saddlemagic

best of the worst
« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2002, 03:05 »
Win2k is more of a "business" OS. It doesn't have all the drivers and support that seriuos gaming needs. If your friend doesn't go out and buy every new game on the market and is by and large happy with what he has, there might not be a problem.

Win98se is getting a little old for the new games. That is, in the how soon can we make you buy new software world of M$.

For the newest games XPee may be the best solution. That includes doing the weekly updates to fix those critical problems that miraculiously appear from nowhere.

Not being a gamer myself, I don't know what else to say.
Bitter? I'm not bitter. After seeing what Bill Gates and MicroSoft has inflicted upon us. I wish Bill would choke on a cheese sandwich and put us out of his misery.

Lloydr

best of the worst
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2002, 21:58 »
yea same here man....all my games i play are linux ported.....only 1 game tho that i'm working on: Warcraft 3...that game fuckin rulz but it ain't linux ported so i gotta boot up my little 2.5gig partition i gave winblows and installed that game lol but i'm still usin 98 lol but i've really only use that shit for that 1 game and thats about it lol redhat all the way for me....but mostly all my buddy does is play games and do homework and shit....almost all his games are new except like half-life which is kinda old...but i don't wanna fuck him over with microshit bullshit spyware so i need a list of all the shit that covers the phone home so i can nuke it...i've also got the beta build 1073(i think) leaked release of the winXP SP1...but yea don't really need stability jus somethin that plays winshit games fine....98se would be considered with xpee lol but ripped apart from hell XPos looks a little better for gaming....i'm setting him up with a dual boot of a winblows and either mandrake or redhat linux....linux will be used to anything and everything but winblows games....he's a good friend but still gonna charge him for the setup, spendin too much time with this job so i gotta charge, thats basically why i'm lookin for the best gaming winblows& a linux dual boot so i can spend least amount of time plaing tech support c ya

choasmaster

best of the worst
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2002, 10:15 »
i do shitloads of work for friends and never charge, with friends, money is a thing best left out of it. unless you are buying stuff. i still think that win2k is the least abusive on, however, in win98, its performance is a little better

alpha, the compaqed way
ppc, the fruity way
mips, the graphical way
m68k, the NeXT way
sparc, the reliable way

Lloydr

best of the worst
« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2002, 11:44 »
i wasn't the one who brought up the charge but it ain't much...basically nothin for profit, money is jus for the cd-rs and shit....also sold him some hardware, vid card and hp cd burner...but basically it's jus expenses he's payin lol but can some1 give me a full or close to full list of all the phone home Microshit spyware? lik reg keys, files, etc....l8r

choasmaster

best of the worst
« Reply #9 on: 19 July 2002, 12:33 »
imho *all* the windows os's are spyware

alpha, the compaqed way
ppc, the fruity way
mips, the graphical way
m68k, the NeXT way
sparc, the reliable way

Lloydr

best of the worst
« Reply #10 on: 19 July 2002, 12:42 »
well no shit LMFAO....old quote i still love: "1 virus found.........DELETE WINBLOWS? YES or NO" lol...but does anyone have a list of the reg keys and files, etc. that get rid of the phone home bullshit for XPOS. i know it's gonna be a long ass list but can some1 get it to me? l8r

[ July 19, 2002: Message edited by: RedHat SW ]

choasmaster

best of the worst
« Reply #11 on: 19 July 2002, 12:54 »
well, first off, i would recommend uses fake shit to install it like, prince of darknest, 666 satan's way. and such things like

alpha, the compaqed way
ppc, the fruity way
mips, the graphical way
m68k, the NeXT way
sparc, the reliable way

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
best of the worst
« Reply #12 on: 19 July 2002, 13:11 »
i recommend windows millenium for the windows side. It will teach your friend the true meaning of windows.

or windows 95 maybe.

try windows 3.1...
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

webworldx

best of the worst
« Reply #13 on: 19 July 2002, 14:31 »
It's got to be Windows 95 release 3 hasn't it?  The most stable of them all in my opinion

choasmaster

best of the worst
« Reply #14 on: 19 July 2002, 14:34 »
its not milliunium edition, its moloster edition, cause thats what it does to your mind, every use windows and feel that your mind is being violated???

alpha, the compaqed way
ppc, the fruity way
mips, the graphical way
m68k, the NeXT way
sparc, the reliable way