Author Topic: ok thats it!!!  (Read 787 times)

WaWAR_FA

• Kudos: 0
ok thats it!!!
« on: 30 June 2002, 06:01 »
a special feature that nobody knew about until i discovered it.

windows os cds are designed to wear out with use!!!!!

i swear to god im going to get my fucking staple gun and mount this damn 98se cd to the wall!!!  :mad:

now i cant even d/l a decent copy of linux because i cant load an os onto my box!!!

this freaking sucks!!!
Windows. Whats going to screw up today?

Linux.  Compiling, please wait...........

Mac OSx Are you sure you want to do that?  Are you sure your sure?  Are you really sure?  If your sure please hit Enter to continue.  You hit Enter are you sure you want to continue?

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
ok thats it!!!
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2002, 06:35 »
what country do you live in?

there are a few places that will send you a new copy of linux through the post for only a few dollars/pounds/whatever.

Also, can you not get some DOS startup disk and download that way? or is that not possible? (i don't know so forgive me if i'm being naive)

Re: CDs, yes they all do that. Sopme wear out faster than others, the 'ball park' figure was supposed to be that they have a shelf life of about 20 years, so since they were invented in 1982, we may see some disappointed punters in the next 5 or 10 years.

for music, CDs are a farce. They only make sense when computers come into the equation. Compare a CD with it's 20Mhz limit on analogue frequencies and it's step rate method of storing audio information (plus its 20 year life) with a record. The record stores data in a true analogue form (no step rate), has no upper limit to the audio frequency (thus allowing for truer representation of harmonic aspects of the sound) and has an estimated lifetime of fifty years if treated well...

sorry to rant, maybe you could get linux mail order, that's all i had to say!  :D
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

WaWAR_FA

ok thats it!!!
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2002, 21:50 »
hell mandrake wont boot either.

ive even gone so far as to swap out my cd drives to see if that was the problem but that didnt do anything to help.

Mac OSx Are you sure you want to do that?  Are you sure your sure?  Are you really sure?  If your sure please hit Enter to continue.  You hit Enter are you sure you want to continue?

WaWAR_FA

ok thats it!!!
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2002, 21:55 »
this is now the 5th time ive almost completely installed XP and the 3rd time ive almost installed mandrake 8.1.

im going to try one more time then im going to shoot or see this damn box.

anybody want to buy a new box with an athlon 1800 cpu 1024meg DDR ram ati all in wonder radeon 7500 videocard and a soundblaster auidgy pro mp3+ soundcard new phillips 32x cd-rw maxor 7200rpm 20gig and maxor 7200rpm 80gig drives 2 10/100 lan cards 6 usb ports?

name your price because im fucking sick of this shit.

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
ok thats it!!!
« Reply #4 on: 30 June 2002, 20:20 »
I would give you $500 (US).  You can keep the XP CD.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
ok thats it!!!
« Reply #5 on: 30 June 2002, 20:26 »
before you rid youself of it, try redhat 7.3, and tell me what the error message is, maybe ive seen it before. and i would go 600, wait, im out of fucking money
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!

cloudstrife

ok thats it!!!
« Reply #6 on: 30 June 2002, 20:52 »
$700, but you really should keep it!

creedon

ok thats it!!!
« Reply #7 on: 30 June 2002, 21:18 »
Vultures!!!  Have someone D/L the Debian floppy set (6 floppies).  That'll set up a basic version of Debian with internet capabilities; then apt-get dist-upgrade (or whatever option is specified) and you can D/l the whole damned OS. (I think those oher guys are gone.  I'll trade you a Duron 600Mhz w/ 512 PC 133, a 15 Gb hd, a 40 Gb hd, and some other goodies and all OS's up and running (Debian "Woody", LibraNet 2.0 and WIN98) plus $200.00, OK?)
I'm SERIOUS about Linux; are you??

WaWAR_FA

ok thats it!!!
« Reply #8 on: 2 July 2002, 12:58 »
well, after numerious toll calls to microsoft i have been told how to fix my problem.

i had to physically disable iexplore.exe.

send me 25$ and i will tell you how to do it.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
ok thats it!!!
« Reply #9 on: 2 July 2002, 14:34 »
wait, wait, wait, so Microsoft TOLD you to disable iexplore.exe? and doesn't that mean that your operating system now won't work since iexplore.exe is an integral part of the system? you should be called as a witness...

(now's the moment when i realise that it's all a sarcastic joke!)
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Lloydr

ok thats it!!!
« Reply #10 on: 3 July 2002, 21:40 »
ummm for the amd system i will give you a pentium 1 100mhz system, 8mb ram, 1.5gb hdd, and a 750mb hdd, floppy drive with no extra drive bays....lol nothin much to it but it's an old favorite.....u pay my shipping, i pay yours.....fair trade lol....hehehehehehehe

must warn ya....the system isn't much of a featherweight ROFLMFAO...lol l8r