Author Topic: anyone know if this is ligit ?  (Read 3736 times)

Kupotek

• Kudos: 0
    • http://kupotek.dyndns.org
anyone know if this is ligit ?
« Reply #15 on: 25 June 2003, 00:55 »
According to Barbra Streisand, people who need people are the luckiest people in the world.

Boy, was she stupid.
"The only thing that is impossible is the possibility of impossibility" KittySafe Ntwrk.

gotcrypt2002

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #16 on: 25 June 2003, 20:50 »
hey now i was in no way going to reply to this issue i have my reasons for wanting some info on this. oh but this just in from - Cleo - flameing post for ? . but thanks

quote:
If you ever get an email from someone you've never heard of, and it says you can get all kinds of money quick and easy, its a scam and you should just delete the message. Certainly don't pass it on to anyone, many people are getting more than they want already. And if you get a message from Nigeria that offers you hundreds of thousands of dollars for transfering money out of the country, well, they are trying to rip you off too.
and you're going to have to do better than this if you post here:

dcctor v
this person i do know have not talked to in like a year never recieved andy forward or junk mail.
i was just watching oout for my own ass here thankyou

[ June 25, 2003: Message edited by: gotcrypt2002 ]

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
« Reply #17 on: 26 June 2003, 10:10 »
quote:
Dear Friends,
Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates is sharing his fortune. If you ignore this you will repent later. Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.

When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will track it (if you are a Microsoft Windows user) for a two week time period.

For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $245.00, for every person that you sent it to that forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and for every third person that receives it, you will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft will contact you for your address and then send you a cheque.
AWWWWW... SHIT!  :mad:  If I'd've known that His Gatesness was going to do that, I never would have ditched XP off my system and sent the install CDs back to Redmond for a refund when I installed Linux.

Damn you Linus Torvalds, look at how much you and your damn op-sys just cost me!   :mad:    :D  

"There: now you'll never have to look at those dirty Windows anymore"
      --Daffy Duck
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

solo

• Kudos: 1
    • http://www.komodolinux.org/
« Reply #18 on: 27 June 2003, 06:31 »
Wow chain mails have got creative. Any intelligent people here will detect my sarcasm.

1. Microsoft *will not* do this. No company will sponsor any kind of beta-testing with tens of thousands of dollars per person without some damn good feedback information which brings me to---
2. Ahh, what kind of beta test would this BE? Is it a beta test of some magical trojan code that triggers a backdoor when it goes through the Windows IP stack?? Is it a hole in Windows that monitors Outlook email? Come up with any answer to this question and I guarantee it's something they wouldn't like to tell their general customers. After all: who wants to hear that the chief provider of their operating system technology has the ability, and is, monitoring your email and other communication??
3. Even if Microsoft had completely lost their proprietary secretive ways in light of informing the public of their agenda, whether it be for evil or good, they would need very complete legal rules. As it is this would qualify as a contest, and contests can be exploited. Microsoft would not let a beta test be exploited for anyone else's good but their own. And by the way the letter has no legal meaning whatsoever. It includes no guarantees of reward, no contact information, no rules of any kind. This isn't something the richest technology company in the world would send out. Let alone inform a 'General Manager' of a freight transportation company about it (while not telling anyone important who would get MS some interesting information). To the first forwarder (or at least the first forwarder to add his own spam): you and your network of about 100 (in any method of distribution it's about 100 because all are around $245) people should seriously think about not being cattle anymore. This isn't real people! And also, if Microsoft were to give twenty-four grand to *anyone*, you would be straight-up foolish not to tell people right? THen those people tell others and soon your a local celebrity. Local celebrities get attention from local news places, which get attention from larger news places. Soon your on national TV because Microsoft gave you twenty-four thousand dollars. Sure, that doesn't *always* happen, but do you realize how rare it is for a corporation to give out twenty-four grand to the first person that forwards an email??

People need to think before they click send these days because you are making social life on the internet Hell for us intelligent people who do NOT like being cattle.
Komodoware, moving Linux to your desktop.
http://www.komodoware.com/