All Things Microsoft > Microsoft Hardware

Exclusions from 360 warranty

<< < (3/3)

SiMuLaCrUm:
It says power surge. What if it is a surge caused by the system itself (very unlikely)

Kintaro:
More like: impossible.

worker201:
Didn't Microsoft have to replace the power cords for free on all the original Xboxes because they caused fires and shit?  I got one mailed to me as part of a recall program.

Anyway, I try not to buy products who aren't designed to have the minimal failsafes against voltage spikes.

Kintaro:

--- Quote ---Kintaro is correct - 'act of god' is a common legal term which refers to unforeseeable events.  Since it is implicit in the term that god didn't actually cause the event in question (it's a figure of speech), this does not violate separation of church and state.
--- End quote ---

It also doesn't violate it because its a private agreement and Microsoft is not the state.

SiMuLaCrUm:

--- Quote from: worker201 on 18 August 2008, 08:03 ---Didn't Microsoft have to replace the power cords for free on all the original Xboxes because they caused fires and shit?  I got one mailed to me as part of a recall program.

Anyway, I try not to buy products who aren't designed to have the minimal failsafes against voltage spikes.

--- End quote ---
They might have. I don't particularly remember though, and I recently got a 360 (more along the lines of my brothers idea -_-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version