Author Topic: Bill Gates Worst Nightmare  (Read 2925 times)

Frosty_47

• Kudos: 0
Bill Gates Worst Nightmare
« on: 24 September 2008, 21:02 »
Hello everyone!

It's my first time here so I would like to start out by asking your opinion reagrding Bill Gate's worst nightmare scenerio>

Here is a classic one:

Bill Gates is greeted by the gatekeeper in Hell who offers Gates the finest room available with a PC in it. Bill instanltly accepts the offer. On his way back, the gatekeeper met lucifer who in rage asked "Wow that was Bill Gates! Why the Hell did you give him our finnest accomodations?" "Don't worry", said the Keeper, "The PC has Windows 95 and the keyboard is missing 3 main keys: Ctrl, Alt, Delete...
"The people who cast the votes don't decide an election, the people who count the votes do."
-Joseph Stalin

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
Re: Bill Gates Worst Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2008, 21:10 »
Dough!

Welcome to the forum by the way.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2008, 22:53 »
Bill's worst nightmare: a computer with Windows XP, and his user account doesn't have task manager privileges.  Actually, there's a VB virus in Indonesia that does this to all accounts on your computer.  It lives on USB thumbdrives, and copies itself to other USB drives.  I knew a guy whose camera, cellphone, mp3 player and computer were all infected - after you clean one device, the others just reinfect it instantaneously.  Since it isn't recognized by western antivirus programs, it can't be detected or quarantined.  If you create a new account, you can get the privileges necessary to repair it - assuming it hasn't eaten your rundll32 yet.  What a nightmare!  Everytime it infected a new device, it would log to a text file a phrase in Bahasa Indonesia (the Indonesian language), which was roughly translated as "I'm not a hacker, I learned this in a VB programming class at the university in Jakarta."

SiMuLaCrUm

• Kudos: 143
  • OMGWTFBBQ
« Reply #3 on: 25 September 2008, 15:43 »
His worst nightmare? He wakes up and sees that every computer in his house has been replaced with a Mac.
Proudly posted on a computer

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #4 on: 25 September 2008, 17:00 »
His worst nightmare? He wakes up and sees that every computer in his house has been replaced with a Mac.
Actually, that would be his wet dream. From the creation of Windows 1.0, Bill has took great effort to copy Mac OS.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #5 on: 25 September 2008, 22:03 »
Actually, that would be his wet dream. From the creation of Windows 1.0, Bill has took great effort to copy Mac OS.

Thats a good way to look at things.

I remember reading some e-mails between Billy G and the rest of the developers about windows XP, and its usability. Bill was pretending to be the average user, and he actually became quite frustrated with XP and the microsoft website trying to find Windows Movie Maker. Was interesting to see that gates himself seems quite aware of the usability issues of windows.
sig.

worker201

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 25 September 2008, 23:29 »
I remember reading some e-mails between Billy G and the rest of the developers about windows XP, and its usability. Bill was pretending to be the average user, and he actually became quite frustrated with XP and the microsoft website trying to find Windows Movie Maker. Was interesting to see that gates himself seems quite aware of the usability issues of windows.

Steve Jobs does that too - poke holes in designers' interfaces, pushing them to do better.  Of course when Jobs does it, visionary yet useful products get developed.  When Gates does it, there doesn't seem to be much effect.

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #7 on: 26 September 2008, 07:18 »
Not quite on topic, but close enough, is this old joke:

So, Bill Gates dies, and goes to Heaven, and he meets up with Saint Peter, and says "Hey, it's Bill, I'm just going to go on in." And Saint Peter says, "Sorry Bill, everyone is equal here. You need to stand in line like everyone else."

Begrudgingly, Bill walks to the end of the enormous line, but as he's waiting to get into Heaven, a limo drives up, and there in the limo is Steve Jobs! Now, Bill is furious, so he walks up to Saint Peter and complains, "Hey! I thought you said everyone was equal here! I just saw Steve Jobs roll in with a limo!"

Saint Peter laughs and responds, "Oh no, that wasn't Steve Jobs. That was God - he only thinks he's Steve Jobs."
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

worker201

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: 26 September 2008, 07:29 »
A similar joke was circulating in Denver many years ago, with God thinking he was Broncos quarterback John Elway as the punchline.  A good joke teller can reuse this same concept over and over again in pretty much any situation.

SiMuLaCrUm

• OMGWTFBBQ
« Reply #9 on: 26 September 2008, 15:02 »
Wait, isn't Steve Jobs a complete asshat? This is the guy that chants "DEVELOPERS" over and over again after all...

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #10 on: 26 September 2008, 19:28 »
Wait, isn't Steve Jobs a complete asshat? This is the guy that chants "DEVELOPERS" over and over again after all...
...you mean Steve Ballmer?
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

worker201

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: 26 September 2008, 22:11 »
Steve Jobs is the leader at Apple.

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
« Reply #12 on: 26 September 2008, 23:07 »

Just so you know in advance: I'm sending you the repair bill for my brain.

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals

SiMuLaCrUm

• OMGWTFBBQ
« Reply #13 on: 27 September 2008, 01:17 »
>.< Damn all these Steves!
I totally knew that.