Miscellaneous > Technical Support

Go to Sleep!!!!!!!

<< < (3/3)

worker201:
Yes, but why is it waking up?  It's not mouse movement, it's not Wake-on-LAN.  Is it this damn router?

Refalm:

--- Quote from: worker201 on  4 December 2008, 01:28 ---Yes, but why is it waking up?  It's not mouse movement, it's not Wake-on-LAN.  Is it this damn router?

--- End quote ---
I'm wasn't referring to mouse movement at all. Lots of keyboards and mice have a "get-out-of-sleep-mode" function built in, even if they don't have such a button.
My Logitech mouse (3 buttons) sent out wake-up signals to my laptop, you need to disable that function.

Lead Head:

--- Quote from: worker201 on  2 December 2008, 08:45 ---Update - more info:

Today I was using both the Mac and the PC, and I had the PC's shared documents folder mounted as a samba share on the Mac.  Before leaving for class, I shut the lids on both, putting both into sleep mode.  When I returned from class, I opened the lid on the Mac, which still had the samba share mounted.  Immediately, the PC tried to wake up.  This leads me to suspect that the PC is attempting to respond to some sort of network stimulus.  In this particular case, it's like the PC wanted to be ready to share data with the Mac.  On other occasions, it must be the router polling it or something, I have no idea.

--- End quote ---

Can you duplicate it? If so It may be because of network activity, even though WOL is disabled. In the device manager, under network adapter properties or maybe even some configuration utility by IBM, there should be a way to have the system power the Ethernet controller down during sleep

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version