Author Topic: no wonder this forum's completely died.  (Read 968 times)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
no wonder this forum's completely died.
« on: 28 May 2009, 11:24 »
http://fuckmicrosoft.com/

click link ^

so what actually happened? did the forums fall out with CommonSense or what? there's not even a link from his page to here! is he still under the illusion he can command a five figure figure for his domain name.

you know it's a real pain in the arse to try and find these forums, always takes me three googles.

anything going to be done about that or are we just leaving these forums to gasp their last?
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
Re: no wonder this forum's completely died.
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2009, 01:17 »
CommonSense gave up on the MES because of apparent budget issues. He actually asked a while back what an estimate for the value of this site's domain was. Without the forums and the main site, the domains are virtually worthless IMO.

I think part of the problem is that the Forums have a different name then the main site, and is confusing google.

Another round of mass emails probably would not hurt either.
sig.

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #2 on: 9 June 2009, 12:20 »
emails to whom? these forums aren't now run by commonsense at all, yes?

also, maybe a bit of webspider related promotion of these forums would be in order, perhaps using keywords like the old domain names that used to point to this community.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #3 on: 9 June 2009, 19:55 »
CommonSense was kind enough to give me the complete forums, which I then converted to SMF, hosted it on my webserver in the Netherlands, then bought stop-microsoft.org

I've been trying to get some kind of website going, maybe with a CMS like MKPortal, but I've been pretty busy at the university for quite some time.
Well, webhosting is only 60 bucks a year, which I'll gladly pay, so there should be no worries on this forum or domain name disappearing anytime soon.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #4 on: 11 June 2009, 03:00 »
Good to hear.
sig.

• VIP
  • Kudos: 223
« Reply #5 on: 14 June 2009, 23:23 »
Well, webhosting is only 60 bucks a year, which I'll gladly pay, so there should be no worries on this forum or domain name disappearing anytime soon.
Heh, less than I'm paying for my hosting, though saying that I host quite a lot of domains, and including the domains it's costing me around $212 a year, though luckily some of those domains do belong to other people, who I've managed to get most of the cash back from.

I suppose you could still consider that pretty cheap though, if you consider dedi...

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #6 on: 15 June 2009, 17:01 »
good on you refalm, i just think it's a pity we don't get all the curiosity traffic anymore from people typing "fuck microsoft" into google or yahoo.