Author Topic: Are there any good things about Windows??  (Read 1010 times)

solarismka

• Kudos: 0
Are there any good things about Windows??
« Reply #15 on: 31 August 2004, 23:32 »
Its funny that even now, the same myths and FUD can still be debated over and over again.

I agree with jimmy james that networking can be tricky no matter what OS you use.  However, in my experiance I have never had any problems in linux.  Plenty in windows.  

I've NEVER EVER had ANY linux user say RTFM......

That (to me) is a myth.

and for me, windows has really bad driver support and if you want any software that is half decent.  Be prpared to pay out LOTS of money or pirte it.  Eather case.  You might get infected.  Or if you are a 'power user' and patch your box.  You arn't going to get any work done any ways (dido after the 6 months time line.). Thats after the fact that the average price for a machine (here in canada) is over a grand easy! Also windows does not follow any standards what so ever. If one person has a machine that is running windows 98 and then wants to upgrade to XP you better find out first whether your application can fist be able be supported in XP.  Most times the answer is a definate no.  Even to application to application.  M$ Office 97 vs M$ Office XP.  Where  only the document itself is being shared, will still not work!

But windows is good.  It is good at something.  That is to write those viruses, trojans and spyware.  It is easy to infect that machine and great for testing such stuff for a n00b that wants to know how that stuff works.  Windows is a great hobby OS!  You can even wirte one trojan and unlike legit software and or patches etc... It will run on all version of windows, heck you can even discover more ways to do the same thing!  Like I have said a great hobby OS.

[ August 31, 2004: Message edited by: kn0wn / BOB ]

"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

Canadian Lover

• VIP
  • Kudos: 122
« Reply #16 on: 1 September 2004, 01:06 »
Off topic:
Go kill yourself, Solaris.

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
« Reply #17 on: 1 September 2004, 02:58 »
quote:
Originally posted by Canadian Lover:
Off topic:
Go kill yourself, Solaris.

Canadian Lover, that slur was uncalled for; Kn0wn was posting insightful comments in this thread. The same cannot be said of your disparaging remarks towards Kn0wn, including the thread you started in the Lounge (if anyone wonders why I edited the URL, it was because he was deliberately pointing it towards the forum member in question to encourage negative publicity towards him).

This behaviour will not be tolerated in my sections. Consider yourself warned.

Canadian Lover

• VIP
« Reply #18 on: 1 September 2004, 06:11 »
quote:
Originally posted by Laukev7 / BOB:

Canadian Lover, that slur was uncalled for; Kn0wn was posting insightful comments in this thread. The same cannot be said of your disparaging remarks towards Kn0wn, including the thread you started in the Lounge (if anyone wonders why I edited the URL, it was because he was deliberately pointing it towards the forum member in question to encourage negative publicity towards him).

This behaviour will not be tolerated in my sections. Consider yourself warned.

When Quirk disagreed with me, he told me to kill myself. The mods did jack shit. Therefor I must have the right to be a dick. It's fair.

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
« Reply #19 on: 1 September 2004, 08:05 »
I don't recall seeing TheQuirk interrupting discussions about Microsoft Windows just to tell you to kill yourself. There was no substance to your post; you posted this for the sole reason to harass a forum member.

I have interveined against Jimmy James when he harrassed you, at my own perils. And if you're going to harass people, then I'm going to do the same against you. It's only fair.

You'd better stop this, and now. Your track record puts you in a very bad position to negociate.

[ August 31, 2004: Message edited by: Laukev7 / BOB ]

Canadian Lover

• VIP
« Reply #20 on: 1 September 2004, 08:43 »
quote:
Originally posted by Laukev7 / BOB:
I don't recall seeing TheQuirk interrupting discussions about Microsoft Windows just to tell you to kill yourself. There was no substance to your post; you posted this for the sole reason to harass a forum member.

I have interveined against Jimmy James when he harrassed you, at my own perils. And if you're going to harass people, then I'm going to do the same against you. It's only fair.

You'd better stop this, and now. Your track record puts you in a very bad position to negociate.

[ August 31, 2004: Message edited by: Laukev7 / BOB ]

Fine.

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #21 on: 1 September 2004, 22:54 »
quote:
the only exposure I had to Linux users was here at fuckMicrosoft, and they, honesty, were none too helpful.

Corollary: I should note that this was back during the "dark days" of summer/early fall of 03 when we had a lot of really crappy people here. Many of the *nix guys we have now (who are many of the same people) will help out a lot.
Go the fuck ~

JanusChrist

• Kudos: 15
« Reply #22 on: 25 January 2005, 01:45 »
----MS emerged out of a corporate culture, where everything needed to be neatly presented in a chart, graph, or memo; where being overly cautious, overly structured, and void of humanistic common sense is a positive attribute. Windows' target audience is the same idiots who need reminders on their McDonald's coffee cups that "this beverage may be hot."-----

Mind if I put that in my signature?
On your way out of Microsoft Land feel free to smash a few Windows.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #23 on: 25 January 2005, 12:11 »
quote:
Originally posted by JanusChrist:
----MS emerged out of a corporate culture, where everything needed to be neatly presented in a chart, graph, or memo; where being overly cautious, overly structured, and void of humanistic common sense is a positive attribute. Windows' target audience is the same idiots who need reminders on their McDonald's coffee cups that "this beverage may be hot."-----

Mind if I put that in my signature?

If no one else is complaining about that, I don't see any reason why not.