Author Topic: Project Natal  (Read 3266 times)

reactosguy

• Kudos: 2
    • Microsoft Sucks !!!
Project Natal
« on: 12 December 2009, 05:19 »
Project Natal is the hands free gesture recognition technology developed for Xbox 360 by Microsoft. You know that right?

Well according to some anonymous source, Project Natal uses Pranav Mistry's Sixth Sense wearable gesture technology.

And then by saying hands-free, I think Project Natal is for people who are too lazy to pick up anything. Another case of a strain of Microsoftitis known as Microslothism. Three Microsoft products are known to cause Microslothism so far: Windows 7, Project Natal and Internet Explorer 8.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Re: Project Natal
« Reply #1 on: 12 December 2009, 15:28 »
I'm on the opposite opinion of this.

When I'm on a console, I want to be lazy as hell. I do the real gaming on a PC.

I want to hold a gamepad or Wiimote/Nunchuk, sit down and do nothing but hit buttons.

Project Nathal looks like you have to do all kinds of activities, jump, wave arms, etc.
I don't want to physically jump when I want Nico Bellic to jump, I want to hit a button.

If I want exercise, I'd go to the health club, or switch to a train on another platform where there's a conductor that wants to start the train one minute before departure time, so I'd have to run to catch it. What a dickwad.

reactosguy

• Microsoft Sucks !!!
« Reply #2 on: 13 December 2009, 23:55 »
I love Wii. Did you know that Xbox 360 has the highest failure rate?

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #3 on: 14 December 2009, 07:41 »
Yes, we're all aware it has issues. But it is really the only option if you want to console game real shooters (although real FPS games should only be played on the PC, but thats another thread alltogether)

But I agree with Refalm, this is for people that are not lazy, but want to jump around and go crazy while playing video games. Lazy people would be the ones who flop down in a a Lay-Z-Boy and rest their controller on their lap.
sig.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #4 on: 14 December 2009, 10:41 »
I love Wii. Did you know that Xbox 360 has the highest failure rate?
I posted a video about that a year ago. Not only does the Xbox 360 sometimes give you a permanent Red Ring Of Death (in which case you're fucked after the two years guarantee is over), it also scratches discs by default:
Dutch TV: XBox PART 1

Dutch TV: XBox PART 2
« Last Edit: 14 December 2009, 10:51 by Refalm »

reactosguy

• Microsoft Sucks !!!
« Reply #5 on: 14 December 2009, 22:20 »
I know that Refalm. I've been on the forum before the demise of my account.

And Lead Head, I've been playing Wii for like slightly more than a year. The only times I get lazy on the Wii is when I'm usually playing Super Paper Mario.

Oh, and Project Natal is the ideal solution for those H1N1 contaminated people.

Project Natal might get positive reviews like Windows 7 but it is another product for people who don't know what "sanitizing" means. And I bet it will be hands free technology. Does that mean you can play Xbox 360 in the car? No. You have to keep your hands on the wheel.

I know Microsoft is trying to be clever, just wait until the failure rate gets high. It's another product that does not follow the strict definition of video gaming like the PS3 but unlike the Wii.

It's good to be clever but it's better to be good.

reactosguy

• Microsoft Sucks !!!
« Reply #6 on: 11 January 2010, 22:41 »
And don't forget, Shigeru Miyamoto said in an interview with Wired.com during E3 2009's period that using motion sensing technology like Project Natal doesn't give you enhancements like force feedback or external sound from the controller because you don't have anything to hold, just an invisible size zero controller that does nothing useful but make you press the wrong buttons and lose on an Xbox 360 2D sidescroller.

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2010, 00:32 »
Video game idea - with a handful of sensor devices (just like the Wiimote or Nunchuk controller), one could learn karate.  Put one in each hand, and one on each ankle, to start with.  They wouldn't have to have buttons or anything, just be capable of tracking motion.  Expert mode might also be used with shoulder and knee sensors.  After learning certain moves, and practicing kata, the player could test himself in a match with a virtual opponent.  It might seem like a game, but the real goal here is to teach karate as a form of self defense and physical/mental fitness.  Other martial arts might also be adaptable - kung-fu, taekwondo, etc.  Look at all the shitty exercise games that are coming out to compete with Wii Fitness - this would be 100x cooler than that, and still help with cardiovascular health and provide a fitness routine.

reactosguy

• Microsoft Sucks !!!
« Reply #8 on: 12 January 2010, 04:02 »
Yeah, if Wii had advanced motion sensing technology, you could play Super Paper Mario or New Super Mario Bros. Wii without a controller. Jump to jump, lean left or right to move either way, punch to shoot a fireball, kick left or right to jump and move, shake yourself to Spin Jump or propel in the sky et cetera. Pretty nice huh?

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #9 on: 12 January 2010, 13:24 »
Yeah, if Wii had advanced motion sensing technology, you could play Super Paper Mario or New Super Mario Bros. Wii without a controller. Jump to jump, lean left or right to move either way, punch to shoot a fireball, kick left or right to jump and move, shake yourself to Spin Jump or propel in the sky et cetera. Pretty nice huh?
The Wii has advanced motion sensing technology. It's called Wii MotionPlus, and they introduced it with Wii Sports Resort, and was released in June 2009.
A bit of a disappointment that it wasn't introduced earlier, or indeed Super Paper Mario could have been way cooler.

reactosguy

• Microsoft Sucks !!!
« Reply #10 on: 13 January 2010, 00:41 »
That was for the Wii Remote.

I was referring to SixthSense like technology.