All Things Microsoft > Microsoft Hardware

Project Natal

(1/3) > >>

reactosguy:
Project Natal is the hands free gesture recognition technology developed for Xbox 360 by Microsoft. You know that right?

Well according to some anonymous source, Project Natal uses Pranav Mistry's Sixth Sense wearable gesture technology.

And then by saying hands-free, I think Project Natal is for people who are too lazy to pick up anything. Another case of a strain of Microsoftitis known as Microslothism. Three Microsoft products are known to cause Microslothism so far: Windows 7, Project Natal and Internet Explorer 8.

Refalm:
I'm on the opposite opinion of this.

When I'm on a console, I want to be lazy as hell. I do the real gaming on a PC.

I want to hold a gamepad or Wiimote/Nunchuk, sit down and do nothing but hit buttons.

Project Nathal looks like you have to do all kinds of activities, jump, wave arms, etc.
I don't want to physically jump when I want Nico Bellic to jump, I want to hit a button.

If I want exercise, I'd go to the health club, or switch to a train on another platform where there's a conductor that wants to start the train one minute before departure time, so I'd have to run to catch it. What a dickwad.

reactosguy:
I love Wii. Did you know that Xbox 360 has the highest failure rate?

Lead Head:
Yes, we're all aware it has issues. But it is really the only option if you want to console game real shooters (although real FPS games should only be played on the PC, but thats another thread alltogether)

But I agree with Refalm, this is for people that are not lazy, but want to jump around and go crazy while playing video games. Lazy people would be the ones who flop down in a a Lay-Z-Boy and rest their controller on their lap.

Refalm:

--- Quote from: reactosguy on 13 December 2009, 23:55 ---I love Wii. Did you know that Xbox 360 has the highest failure rate?

--- End quote ---
I posted a video about that a year ago. Not only does the Xbox 360 sometimes give you a permanent Red Ring Of Death (in which case you're fucked after the two years guarantee is over), it also scratches discs by default:
Dutch TV: XBox PART 1

Dutch TV: XBox PART 2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version