Author Topic: I'm moving back to Opera!  (Read 11767 times)

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
Re: I'm moving back to Opera!
« Reply #45 on: 14 January 2010, 03:20 »
Firefox 3.6 is the first browser to support WOFF - the web open font format.
Quote from: wikipedia
[edit] Web Open Font Format

The Web Open Font Format (WOFF), a format developed during 2009, is essentially a wrapper that contains sfnt-based fonts (TrueType, OpenType or Open Font Format) that have been compressed using a WOFF encoding tool to enable them to be embedded in a web page.[7]. The format uses zip compression[8], typically resulting in a filesize reduction from ttf of over 40%[9]

The format has received the backing of many of the main font foundries[10] and, on October 20th, 2009, Mozilla announced that it would provide support for WOFF in Firefox 3.6.[11] During the October 2009 Typ09 conference, Microsoft were reported as saying that they were 'considering' supporting WOFF in Internet Explorer 9.[12] WOFF is "a strong favourite" for standardization by the W3C Web Fonts Working Group.[13]
Acid 3 or no acid 3, you cant say Firefox isnt on top of supporting standards.
« Last Edit: 14 January 2010, 03:23 by piratePenguin »
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #46 on: 14 January 2010, 03:28 »
That's weird, it now works in Opera.

I zoomed in and out and the text all corrected itself. I reloaded the browser and it still works.

Perhaps it was a problem with the network or server?
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #47 on: 14 January 2010, 22:31 »
HUD = Heads Up Display, which in this context is placing information directly on the screen, as opposed to containing it in some window.

reactosguy

• Kudos: 2
    • Microsoft Sucks !!!
« Reply #48 on: 29 March 2010, 03:24 »
Typical reply to Microsoftist evangelists.
What me?

I was being sarcastic.

I don't like IE.

Firefox is much better but I don't think it's as good as many say and I'm tired of the zealotism.

Not you. I was referring to how anti Microsoft people attack pro Microsoft people on the Web.  ;)

Most old people don't know what a browser is. They just click on Start, then on Internet, so they can book flights and buy lots of stupid shit on eBay.

Another reason to avoid IE. If we are going to progress in the future with computers, we need choices.

Most elders don't care about technical terms. They just stay with the default software, which is no good. Compare that to having no password on your root account in MySQL.