Redmond, WA > I Love Microsoft

Our software, Xboxes and Zunes suck but try our hardware!

<< < (3/3)

Lead Head:

--- Quote from: worker201 on  4 January 2010, 15:13 ---That requires a mod chip, right?  Which is more than I'm willing to spend.

--- End quote ---

Actually, now you don't even need a modchip, you don't even have to open the Xbox up.
http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Main_Page

It is a bit of a project though, you will need to either buy (or make) a USB adapter for the cable (xbox 1 controllers actually use USB) and use a USB flash drive to get the needed data onto the xbox. I guess you also have to rent the game "MechAssault" for a day. Its all in the guide.

worker201:
Finding and running that MechAssault game might be the hardest part of the project.  Hard to find any kind of original Xbox games anymore, much less games that have been patched and rereleased.  Plus, the disc drive only works sporadically.

I did look up the manufacture date, though, to make sure I was mod capable.  I am - my Xbox was manufactured in April 2002.  With the notoriously useless Thompson drive.

Calum:

--- Quote from: reactosguy on  1 January 2010, 04:02 ---I am typing this from a Microsoft PS/2 keyboard.

--- End quote ---
wht aconcidnce! I@m tring ut on of thoe kbardsa swel. So fr so god!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version