Operating Systems > macOS

Steam coming to OS X

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kintaro:
I wish they did that with something multiplayer because I would get the freebie registered to heaps of accounts so it no longer matters if one is banned for hacking.

worker201:
Although installing the Steam client can be done on 10.6.2, 10.6.3 is required to play Portal.  However, if you're one of those unfortunate folks whose logic board doesn't have your serial number flashed to it, upgrading to 10.6.3 breaks Adobe CS3 products.  As interested as I am in trying out Portal, Illustrator is much more important.  Oh well.

Lead Head:
What does 10.6.3 add? More OpenGL commands or something?

worker201:

--- Quote from: Lead Head on 15 May 2010, 06:44 ---What does 10.6.3 add? More OpenGL commands or something?

--- End quote ---

Looks like it:
http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1018

Kintaro:

--- Quote from: worker201 on 14 May 2010, 11:33 ---Although installing the Steam client can be done on 10.6.2, 10.6.3 is required to play Portal.  However, if you're one of those unfortunate folks whose logic board doesn't have your serial number flashed to it, upgrading to 10.6.3 breaks Adobe CS3 products.  As interested as I am in trying out Portal, Illustrator is much more important.  Oh well.

--- End quote ---

Funny, I have both those on Windows. You should try getting a real operating system, one that works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version