Operating Systems > Linux and UNIX

Longhorn Linux? Really?

<< < (6/6)

Refalm:

--- Quote from: Kintaro on 13 May 2010, 21:01 ---Fuck ReactOS, I can run Windows inside VMware Unity and have its apps and even 3D games right on my Linux desktop, running on Xorg.

--- End quote ---
Have you actually tried this? I tried doing 3D gaming in Virtualbox, but it didn't work for RTS and FPS, since the mouse was uncontrollable (maybe due to having a 1800 dpi mouse). Racing games ran just fine though.

Kintaro:

--- Quote from: Refalm on 13 May 2010, 23:45 ---
--- Quote from: Kintaro on 13 May 2010, 21:01 ---Fuck ReactOS, I can run Windows inside VMware Unity and have its apps and even 3D games right on my Linux desktop, running on Xorg.

--- End quote ---
Have you actually tried this? I tried doing 3D gaming in Virtualbox, but it didn't work for RTS and FPS, since the mouse was uncontrollable (maybe due to having a 1800 dpi mouse). Racing games ran just fine though.

--- End quote ---

I have tried it with a shitter computer, I do plan on putting Debian on this system so I can see how Team Fortress 2 will run. Faggy games like WoW that a friend runs if she stays here work okay on that computer. The problem is ram (as usual) because you need to have Windows running and Linux beneath it. Though to save on memory usage you can always run vmware under twm or some ultra light window manager.

I'll get around to testing it on beefier hardware sooner or later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version