Author Topic: Censorship happens  (Read 5118 times)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Re: Censorship happens
« Reply #15 on: 13 May 2010, 17:09 »
ok, in simple terms what i meant was this:

when our government proposed to send troops into Iraq 83% of our population was against it and an enormous demonstration was held in the streets of London, which the police allowed, and the government completely ignored. This resulted in: nothing. Basically the public end up feeling that little bit more like their say means nothing (so they are less likely to stand up for a cause in the future) and the government gets to do what they want regardless.

One further thing, if you think rotting in front of your computer is more valuable than taking an active interest in the world around you, you need to have a word with yourself. I'm just pointing out that you seem to think national politics is just another TV programme like eastenders or something.
« Last Edit: 13 May 2010, 17:23 by Calum »
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

yourlife

• Kudos: 2
  • The One And Only Autistic Albino!
    • Yourlife
« Reply #16 on: 13 May 2010, 19:08 »
I just find politics extremely dull. I say, just get on with it.
By the worlds one and only Albino with Aspergers! Yes I'm awesome
http://www.yourlifegroup.org

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #17 on: 13 May 2010, 22:51 »
Look on the bright side Calum, we have a foothold for an invasion of Iran!

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #18 on: 14 May 2010, 10:54 »
I just find politics extremely dull. I say, just get on with it.
i really can't stand this attitude.

your life is politics. i was just hearing on the news the other day that the new government will probably increase VAT to 20% which will cost the average family over £500 more a year. That's just one example, in one area. Who do you think passed the digital economy bill into now being an Act? the government, you'll be feeling that over the next couple of years, and if more people had become active in opposing it it might not have gone through parliament.

By taking the view that you're not interested in politics, you have fallen for the most insidious political trick in the book. The less people get involved and just let the politicians "get on with it" the more they are going to screw you.

Politicians sorely want more people to take no interest in politics, you are the politicians' best friend.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #19 on: 14 May 2010, 12:39 »
And youlife, didn't you say that you don't work?
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #20 on: 14 May 2010, 15:51 »
He's a 14 your old kid so of course he doesn't work, unless it's just a paper round or something like that.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #21 on: 14 May 2010, 16:09 »
I find that people who aren't interested in politics at youth, become left while being poor (because their job doesn't provide enough money for a decent living), and right when being rich ("why does part of my salary goes to poor people and culture bullshit?").
Or choose an ideological party. Voting for Christian Democrats for example, if someone lives in a community that greatly values Christianity.

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #22 on: 14 May 2010, 17:21 »
He's a 14 your old kid so of course he doesn't work, unless it's just a paper round or something like that.
Whoops, sorry yourlife!

Ah the perils of being 14 round here :)
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

yourlife

• Kudos: 2
  • The One And Only Autistic Albino!
    • Yourlife
« Reply #23 on: 14 May 2010, 17:57 »
Haha, I guess so, oh well, and I'm happy, I'm 15 on the 17th
« Last Edit: 14 May 2010, 17:59 by yourlife »
By the worlds one and only Albino with Aspergers! Yes I'm awesome
http://www.yourlifegroup.org

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #24 on: 15 May 2010, 05:40 »
You should get an ASBO, everyone needs one to be cool mang.