Miscellaneous > Intellectual Property & Law

Censorship happens

<< < (2/5) > >>

Kintaro:
It is interesting that the Australian Government requested a blogger be removed. I wonder why, but I would guess the religious hate speech act. Poor jews, the state is so against them now they've banned even joking about them  :D

yourlife:
Its an outrage, how dare they pass the DEB?!? As long as I can use Tor I'm happy.
Good old Tor, try censoring Tor clients bastards! (Brown, Cameron and anyone else who passed the DEB)

yourlife:
Why do I have a feeling these websites will be on the goverments hitlist?

* YouTube
* Facebook
* The Priate BayEtc Etc Etc

7031:

--- Quote from: Basil Fawlty on 29 April 2010, 03:26 ---It is interesting that the Australian Government requested a blogger be removed. I wonder why, but I would guess the religious hate speech act. Poor jews, the state is so against them now they've banned even joking about them  :D

--- End quote ---
Haha yes, although looking at the link in the first page it also surprises me that Australia hasn't made more requests, unless all of the censorship is done internally.

Time for all of us to move to Canada? :P.

Kintaro:
Tor is so slow the users basically censor themselves from any meaningful content.

A Virtual Private Server is cheap enough, http://fawltyservers.com/phpsysinfo is about $40 a month and has 750GB of bandwidth. You can register a free account and start using cgi-proxy, or SSH tunnels, you can learn more about both under Help once get get an account.

Eventually I'll start charging money, with every ban comes a black market. Though, Internet Censorship is not yet a reality in Australia on a network level, its all just takedown notices and that kind of jazz.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version