Miscellaneous > Applications

Virtual Badness

<< < (2/2)

worker201:
I'm currently backing up the whole Mac using Time Machine, I assume it is covering the files I have stored on my virtual machine.  But so far, I haven't got anything on there I wouldn't mind losing.  Once I get a couple projects going - but then you always back those up.

Kintaro:

--- Quote from: worker201 on 25 April 2010, 22:46 ---I've started running Windows XP SP3 as a virtual machine on my Mac, using Parallels Desktop.  It's kinda exciting to see XP's shitty color scheme rendered right next to Snow Leopard.  And it only really tries to overheat during software installations.

Here's the thing - being that this is a virtual machine, how worried should I be about viruses and updates?  Should I allow Windows to install updates?  Do I need to install an antivirus program?

--- End quote ---

Yeah man compare something new with something old. How about Windows XP and a MacOS that is seven years older than it and see what looks better motherfucker.

Calum:
my memory's longer than 7 years and i remember which looked better at the time, between the then current Mac OSX version and windows XP. You can probably find plenty of discussion about it from the time in these very forums in fact.

Kintaro:
Ironically I find it easier to crack Windows 7 than Windows XP. Don't update until you install a WGA crack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version