Miscellaneous > Applications

Avoid Avast! like the plague

<< < (2/2)

Refalm:

--- Quote from: worker201 on 15 May 2010, 00:59 ---Once you start using offensive language and causing public trouble, their desire to help you drops to zero.  A squeaky wheel might get the grease, but a broken wheel is generally tossed in the garbage.  I'm not saying that the company is totally innocent - I'm saying that a peaceful and fair resolution is no longer possible.  At this point, it's lawyer time.

--- End quote ---
Since Kintaro is in Australia, and Avast! is from Czech, suing them may be difficult, also since it's a web-based company.

Kintaro:
By doing business in Australia they agree implicitly to refund when the product is broken or not sold as advertised. I contacted consumer affairs and gave them a stern warning.

In other news, under an alias, I got given the same 'help' again on the forum which produced the screenshot. Really getting ran in circles, and it appears the developers or a method of bug reporting is all but a mystery. I suspect they are keeping the development a secret because women are doing it and in the Czech Republic women are supposed to be in a state of sexual slavery. I believe a conspiracy is under way to get aid for these programmers sex slaves internationally. Everyone really works at Avast and nothing is wrong at all, except that I bought a pretty useless product.

Lead Head:
I liked the Avast free edition, and usually put it on computers I'm fixing up for people. Their licensing system always did seem a bit wonky to me though, I'll be sure to stay away after this.

I've tried using AVG on people's computers and each and every single time it always brought them to a crawl. Its live protection is a real memory and processor hog. Gave up on it honestly.

If you bought Avast via PayPal or Credit Card, it should be either A. Easy enough to prove to them that you bought a license recently or B. File a dispute with PayPal/CC Company and have the charges reversed.

Refalm:
In those situations, I usually go for Avira. There's this bullshit ad everytime it updates, but other than that it's great in resources, and it has a great virus database.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version