Redmond, WA > I Love Microsoft

I realized something, the only OS that I love is XP

<< < (3/5) > >>

piratePenguin:

--- Quote from: worker201 on 20 May 2010, 23:10 ---I disagree.  The only reason Apple even has context menus and right-click availability is to support users from outside the Apple paradigm.  Right click support and context menus have been built into OSX since day one, just for migrating Windows users.  There's nothing in the context menus that isn't available somewhere else - they're just a convenience.  If you want all your right-clicking to be done from the mouse, then bring your own mouse.

--- End quote ---
And are Apple are trying to make an inconvenient experience? I don't know how people can defend Apple here...

convenience = right click on the system for context menus etc, right click button on mouse
inconvenience = anything less.

but utter stupidity = convoluted means of doing a right click on a system that doesn't have a right button.

I always thought the one click button served an agreed historic purpose.

Kintaro:
Windows XP is a pile of dogshit compared to Windows 7. Only a retarded luddite would disagree. Enjoy not being able to cancel I/O operations dude, and enjoy watching explorer (all of it) hang as a result. Windows XP doesn't thread anything correctly, and because of its deficient kernel it is very unstable.

The following very familiar example is impossible on Vista and Windows 7. A user accesses a network share and is browsing around, and Windows XP has a SMB I/O operation open to the host of the share. Kintaro (me) is the administrator on the host which runs Windows 2003 and it itself has stopped responding to anything but that client accessing a share. I give the server a cold reboot with the reset switch. The XP user suddenly notices his explorer.exe window of the network share will not respond. It could snap out of it, given enough time for the IO operation to time out. The user tries to wait for it but gets very impatient as because of Windows XP's explorer.exe's notoriously maleficent threading, nothing is responding involving it. No start menu, no my computer, or anything. Eventually explorer crashes gracefully and restarts showing only half of the icons in the task bar.

How the fuck does anyone put up with that? Either get Linux, or get Windows 7, or for the love of god get a mac! Nobody should just sit and take it, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

Calum:
actually Luddites would probably shun all computer use so they'd be unlikely to voice a preference between different versions of ms windows.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite

yourlife:
Oh yes, the best feature of Windows 7 is the fact that it turns off super fast. You just boot it up the first time and BOOM its off. Then for the reason on MSDN and they say YOUR HARDWARE IS NOT FUCKING COMBATIBLE So I have to go spend even MORE FCUKING MONEY, when I chould just buy Windows XP SP3 which will run on pretty much any machine. Even Microsoft knows this, as during a prank call of mine, I asked what OS they were using, Mr Indian Guy replied "Windows XP". Problem sorted, buy any windows platform, get XP. Unless your getting a new computer, then 7 would be fine, but I'd still downgrade to XP. Or get a Mac.

Aloone_Jonez:
Well, I've never used Windows 7 or Vista before and no one has ever convinced me to do so. Quite frankly, I have better things to spend my money on. I wouldn't even pirate it because in order for my PC to run as fast as it does with XP, I'd probably have to upgrade so it isn't worth it.

I've never used Mac OS either but it does seem retarded having a mouse with one button and having to use the keyboard to emulate another button. I think that would drive me mad, even two button mice piss me off, I have to have a scroll wheel which doubles as a middle button.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version