Author Topic: Microsoft for Sale  (Read 3048 times)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Re: Microsoft for Sale
« Reply #15 on: 1 June 2010, 16:50 »
I remember when Maplin first started selling netbooks, they were inundated with enquiries,  on their web FAQ page, about installing Windows on them,

...from wankers.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #16 on: 1 June 2010, 17:01 »
I remember when Maplin first started selling netbooks, they were inundated with enquiries,  on their web FAQ page, about installing Windows on them,

...from wankers.
and more than likely from people who didn't purchase a netbook. In those days, you weren't buying a netbook for the same purpose as a notebook, and the eee os was quite satisfactory for it's purpose (even though the likes of ubuntu netbook remix make it look like shit nowadays): much better than windows xp from where I can see it.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #17 on: 1 June 2010, 18:16 »

...from wankers.

We should start an IT consultancy. You can be the guy who delievers the final report, always starting with the words "You WANKERS, stop using WINDOWS!"

...from wankers.
and more than likely from people who didn't purchase a netbook. In those days, you weren't buying a netbook for the same purpose as a notebook, and the eee os was quite satisfactory for it's purpose (even though the likes of ubuntu netbook remix make it look like shit nowadays): much better than windows xp from where I can see it.

My laptop has the balls of a netbook, and the screen of a true a warrior notebook. Ancient, its 1.6ghz sempron seems to be close to most netbooks, it cost me a whole $25 to get 512mb more ram for it, and it has a hard drive AND an SSD where the CDROM once existed. I couldn't find a CDROM for it. A new battery cost $50. It cost me $75 to get an old piece of shit a bit more up to standard, and close in my mind to a netbook. What does it run? Debian Squeeze. I like it for the same reasons you seem to like Ubuntu Netbook Remix. Only I have a 1280x800 15.4" display I can actually read, and its heavy weight compared to modern laptops leaves me with a formidable weapon.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #18 on: 2 June 2010, 10:32 »
We should start an IT consultancy. You can be the guy who delievers the final report, always starting with the words "You WANKERS, stop using WINDOWS!"
ok. :-)
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism