Author Topic: Fedora 13 out today  (Read 7257 times)

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
Fedora 13 out today
« on: 26 May 2010, 16:29 »
Anyone tried it?

I'm downloading it now.

I've gone for the 64-bit DVD rather than any of the live CDs or 32-bit versions.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Re: Fedora 13 out today
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2010, 19:32 »
Fedora always sucks.

Debian FTW.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2010, 22:06 »
Not really. With Fedora, you get a distribution that's as fast as Debian, and still easy to use.

It's the best as a corporate desktop, and it's good as a home desktop as well.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2010, 22:57 »
I've never had any problems with it.

Anyway John, I thought you loved Fedora and the amount of shit I used to get from you when I was anti-Redhat?

I've downloaded and burned a DVD of it.

By the way, is it possible to burn a DVD so it's bootable and  still be able to add extra files to it?

There would still be some room on the DVD for 1GB more or so and I like saving the planet.. ;)
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2010, 00:01 »
It didn't work.

I don't know whether the image was corrupt (yest  know I should've checked it before burning), a bad burn or what but it boots, asks for the keyboard and language then asks me which partition the installation image is on, I tell it to look at the DVD drive and it says there's no DVD in there. The DVD also won't read on Windows, although I'm sure I checked it after I burnt it. Either way it's not Fedora's fault but my hardware.

I've given up on the DVD and I'm going with the live CD install, the DVD takes too long to download, I've not got very many blank DVDs but I've got some rewritable CDs so it make sense.

I also think my DVD burner could be fucked so I'm using the CD burner for now.

I'll see how it goes.

EDIT 1:

It still didn't work, this time if got so far and refused to boot: bad superblock. Oh well at least this time I can rewrite the CD and I'm not left with a useless piece of plastic destined for the bin.

Maybe it's InfraRecorder  not  being compatible with my hardware?

I'll go back to CDBurnerXP which I know works with my drive.

EDIT 2:
It looks like it was mad media to blame. I burned the same I've disc again but it failed to verify so I put a new disc in and it worked.

I've just installed OpenOffice and I've forgotten how shit it is and I'm going to uninstall it as soon as I figure out how get GoOO on there.

I made a mistake with the install and realised there's no swap partition. How can I set one up now so I don't get any kernel panics in future?

I've got 1GB RAM and there's every chance I could fill it, especially as I'm using x64 which I know uses more RAM than 32-bit.
« Last Edit: 27 May 2010, 02:27 by Aloone_Jonez »

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2010, 04:31 »
I'm not sure how easy it is to modify a partition that is in use. I'd probably just reinstall it and reformat it all properly.
sig.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2010, 07:14 »
I've never had any problems with it.

Anyway John, I thought you loved Fedora and the amount of shit I used to get from you when I was anti-Redhat?

By the way, is it possible to burn a DVD so it's bootable and  still be able to add extra files to it?

#1: Things change, Red-Hat used to be a lot nicer. I started using Linux on Red-Hat 7.0 and brought 7.1-9.0 from Red-Hat. I really hated 9.0 as it added nothing. Also, apt-get for RPM came out which made using a RHN subscription for updates was obsolete.

#2: This is why OpenBSD, FreeBSD, and other real operating systems include the bootable part of an ISO as a seperate file to which mkisofs can add the files (downside with OpenBSD is you make your own ISO, upside with OpenBSD is you can easily customize the installer). You'll want to do something along these lines, you might even be able to chop off the bootable part of the ISO with dd, or just manually make it bootable later with the DVDs own syslinux config or whatever.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2010, 07:23 »
Not really. With Fedora, you get a distribution that's as fast as Debian, and still easy to use.

It's the best as a corporate desktop, and it's good as a home desktop as well.

I think it just comes with being old, I've been using Linux since I was 13. I find debian the easiest Linux for me. This is because it doesn't do things for me, and with Ubuntu I've noticed the biggest hardware wall are things like my ancient X800 GT ATI graphics in my Linux box. Ubuntu doesn't seem to automatically work with it and enabling the restricted driver would break it. Using debian I just built the damn kernel module myself with ATIs one-size-fits-all package and it worked immediately. The former method was supposed to be easy, but it didn't work, the latter doesn't sound easy to most but for me being a very familiar thing to do, it turned out that it was easier. The Linux Box is actually used by the computer-illiterate that visit my house (girlfriends, family, friends, whores) and they have no troubles with it simply because the computer is almost impossible to break. It had Windows on it but I put Linux on it to save myself a lot of work.

I'm going off-topic there a bit. I wouldn't mind Fedora so much because like Debian everything would be nice and familiar if Fedora didn't seem so utterly bloated. Doing the same things on my debian sid (unstable) laptop which also has the newer gnome, etc, I find it uses far far less memory than other operating systems. I've not used Fedora in a long time but it bothers me just how much ram everything uses doing the same things. It worries me with any of the big distros.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2010, 10:41 »
My be you're right Kintaro.

To be honest I'm pretty disappointed, it just seems to be so slow, much slower than Windows XP. It takes ages to boot, uses far more memory and CPU do do the same thing, on a fresh boot it uses 245MB as opposed to 186MB on XP and things just seem to take longer to happen, for example resizing a window is jerky and on XP it's smooth and the CPU shoots up to nearly 100%.

This is fucking ridicules, Gnome system monitor uses 25% to 28% CPU just to sit there displaying the graph of CPU usage and when I move the mouse the CPU shoots up to 60% before stabilising at 50%.

Perhaps the graphic acceleration isn't working, again?

I had similar problems with my old motherboard an chipset but it seems too much of a coincidence.

The sound doesn't work either.

I don't see why I should reinstall, just to set up a swap partition, I'm going to try repartitioning. I would've thought, it would just use the existing swap partition on my other hard drive, it's only 517MB so is undersized but it would've been better than nothing.

Another thing that's pissed me off is that it's not installed the bootloader on my primary drive but just replaced the one on my other drive which means I can no longer boot into Fedora 12 which is the sort of thing I expect from Windows.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2010, 20:33 »

To be honest I'm pretty disappointed, it just seems to be so slow, much slower than Windows XP. It takes ages to boot, uses far more memory and CPU do do the same thing, on a fresh boot it uses 245MB as opposed to 186MB on XP and things just seem to take longer to happen, for example resizing a window is jerky and on XP it's smooth and the CPU shoots up to nearly 100%.

This is fucking ridicules, Gnome system monitor uses 25% to 28% CPU just to sit there displaying the graph of CPU usage and when I move the mouse the CPU shoots up to 60% before stabilising at 50%.

I had similar problems with my old motherboard an chipset but it seems too much of a coincidence.

I don't see why I should reinstall, just to set up a swap partition, I'm going to try repartitioning. I would've thought, it would just use the existing swap partition on my other hard drive, it's only 517MB so is undersized but it would've been better than nothing.

Another thing that's pissed me off is that it's not installed the bootloader on my primary drive but just replaced the one on my other drive which means I can no longer boot into Fedora 12 which is the sort of thing I expect from Windows.

I can't do magic so it will always use a lot of memory. However if you build a new kernel with these options it will be a lot less jerky and more responsive.

Under processor set the preemption model to 'preemptible kernel" if it isn't already, and scrolling down from that you will see TIMER_FREQENCY, set that to 1000hz. Also while you are at it you might want to select your processor from the list at the top.

Rebuild and install that kernel and you will notice the difference.

Also its easy enough to use a loopback for swap in the mean time.

dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=1M count=1024 (for a 1gb swap file)
mkswap /swapfile
swapon /swapfile

you can even be really really lazy and add that last line to /etc/rc.local
« Last Edit: 27 May 2010, 20:35 by Kintaro »

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #10 on: 29 May 2010, 07:43 »
Well, I just installed Fedora 13 (from the DVD) on a virtual machine under VMware (which is it seems, my religion). The boot process is quite pretty, with the familiar service firstboot that gives me a nice GUI to add an account before the system runs gdm and I login. This idea is very old and goes back to Red-Hat 8.0 Desktop, which was the release with the bluecurve. Only this time there is no terminal on the panel, which I find strange since this is Linux afterall, and it has the king of shells (bash). Why keep that a distance?

It didn't install me a compiler by default yet I chose to install from a giant DVD. This is a big red mark in my book, in reality you shouldn't just include a compiler, but keep one and a libc in busybox, forcing users to write their own /bin/init before getting to use the system. This might actually make Linux elite again, because when there is no compiler by default I feel the sad aura of a million unskilled freetards. Yet, it was also incredibly easy to install all the development tools from the GUI.

The System > Administration menu is a bit cluttered. You find HTTP and NFS under "Server Settings" but Samba and probably others if I had them installed under System. This is pretty common behavior on gnome desktops. The GUI tools are pretty neat overall, if I wasn't so in love with Debian Squeeze I would very nearly convert. Seems alright, but I don't really have anything to use it for to give it a real test.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #11 on: 29 May 2010, 08:27 »
Looks like the package manager isn't so wonderful, this virtually immovable window is bigger than the screen so I cannot see the buttons.

Megafail!

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #12 on: 29 May 2010, 08:28 »

$ glxinfo is your friend.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 29 May 2010, 17:19 »
I can't do magic so it will always use a lot of memory. However if you build a new kernel with these options it will be a lot less jerky and more responsive.

Under processor set the preemption model to 'preemptible kernel" if it isn't already, and scrolling down from that you will see TIMER_FREQENCY, set that to 1000hz. Also while you are at it you might want to select your processor from the list at the top.

Rebuild and install that kernel and you will notice the difference.
What's the easiest way of doing that?

Do I need to reinstall?

Also its easy enough to use a loopback for swap in the mean time.

dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=1M count=1024 (for a 1gb swap file)
mkswap /swapfile
swapon /swapfile

you can even be really really lazy and add that last line to /etc/rc.local
Thanks for that, it worked, now I just have to Google those commands to learn what I was doing.

Looks like the package manager isn't so wonderful, this virtually immovable window is bigger than the screen so I cannot see the buttons.

Megafail!
Agreed, though probably wouldn't be a problem from me as I have a 1920x1080 monitor but not very many people do, that's seriously bad design.

It didn't install me a compiler by default yet I chose to install from a giant DVD. This is a big red mark in my book, in reality you shouldn't just include a compiler, but keep one and a libc in busybox, forcing users to write their own /bin/init before getting to use the system. This might actually make Linux elite again, because when there is no compiler by default I feel the sad aura of a million unskilled freetards. Yet, it was also incredibly easy to install all the development tools from the GUI.
That pissed me off too. I wondered why I couldn't get a print driver to compile, then I discovered there's no complier WFT?

$ glxinfo is your friend.

Code: [Select]
name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.4
server glx extensions:
    GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap,
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer,
    GLX_OML_swap_method, GLX_SGI_make_current_read, GLX_SGIS_multisample,
    GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group,
    GLX_INTEL_swap_event
client glx vendor string: Mesa Project and SGI
client glx version string: 1.4
client glx extensions:
    GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context,
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_allocate_memory,
    GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer, GLX_MESA_swap_control,
    GLX_MESA_swap_frame_usage, GLX_OML_swap_method, GLX_OML_sync_control,
    GLX_SGI_make_current_read, GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGI_video_sync,
    GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer,
    GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap,
    GLX_INTEL_swap_event
GLX version: 1.4
GLX extensions:
    GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context,
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer,
    GLX_MESA_swap_frame_usage, GLX_OML_swap_method, GLX_OML_sync_control,
    GLX_SGI_make_current_read, GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
    GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group,
    GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_INTEL_swap_event
OpenGL vendor string: DRI R300 Project
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R300 (RV380 5B60) 20090101  TCL DRI2
OpenGL version string: 1.5 Mesa 7.8.1
OpenGL extensions:
    GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_fragment_program,
    GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_ARB_multisample,
    GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_point_parameters,
    GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_ARB_shadow_ambient,
    GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_compression,
    GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_ARB_texture_env_add,
    GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar,
    GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_MESAX_texture_float,
    GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle,
    GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra,
    GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_window_pos,
    GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_EXT_blend_color,
    GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate,
    GL_EXT_blend_logic_op, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_blend_subtract,
    GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_EXT_convolution, GL_EXT_copy_texture,
    GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit,
    GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_fog_coord,
    GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_EXT_histogram, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays,
    GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_EXT_point_parameters, GL_EXT_polygon_offset,
    GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_secondary_color,
    GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs,
    GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_EXT_subtexture,
    GL_EXT_texture, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_EXT_texture_cube_map,
    GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_env_add,
    GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3,
    GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias,
    GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_object,
    GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_EXT_vertex_array,
    GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels,
    GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3,
    GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_ATI_separate_stencil,
    GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip,
    GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_INGR_blend_func_separate,
    GL_MESA_pack_invert, GL_MESA_ycbcr_texture, GL_MESA_window_pos,
    GL_NV_blend_square, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_NV_texture_rectangle,
    GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_vertex_program, GL_OES_read_format,
    GL_SGI_color_matrix, GL_SGI_color_table, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap,
    GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp,
    GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays

64 GLX Visuals
   visual  x  bf lv rg d st colorbuffer ax dp st accumbuffer  ms  cav
 id dep cl sp sz l  ci b ro  r  g  b  a bf th cl  r  g  b  a ns b eat
----------------------------------------------------------------------
0x21 24 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x22 24 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xca 24 tc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xcb 24 tc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0  0  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xcc 24 tc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xcd 24 tc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0  0  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xce 24 tc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xcf 24 tc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 16  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xd0 24 tc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xd1 24 tc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 16  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xd2 24 tc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xd3 24 tc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xd4 24 tc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xd5 24 tc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xd6 24 tc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xd7 24 tc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  8 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xd8 24 tc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xd9 24 tc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  8 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xda 24 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xdb 24 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0  0  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0xdc 24 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xdd 24 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0  0  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0xde 24 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xdf 24 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 16  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0xe0 24 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 16  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0xe1 24 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xe2 24 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0xe3 24 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xe4 24 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0xe5 24 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xe6 24 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0xe7 24 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0xe8 24 dc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xe9 24 dc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0  0  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xea 24 dc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xeb 24 dc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0  0  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xec 24 dc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xed 24 dc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 16  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xee 24 dc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xef 24 dc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 16  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xf0 24 dc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xf1 24 dc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xf2 24 dc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xf3 24 dc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xf4 24 dc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xf5 24 dc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  8 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xf6 24 dc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xf7 24 dc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  8 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xf8 24 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xf9 24 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0  0  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0xfa 24 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xfb 24 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0  0  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0xfc 24 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xfd 24 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 16  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0xfe 24 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xff 24 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 16  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0x100 24 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x101 24 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0x102 24 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x103 24 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0x104 24 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x105 24 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0x106 24 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0x69 32 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None

96 GLXFBConfigs:
   visual  x  bf lv rg d st colorbuffer ax dp st accumbuffer  ms  cav
 id dep cl sp sz l  ci b ro  r  g  b  a bf th cl  r  g  b  a ns b eat
----------------------------------------------------------------------
0x6a  0 tc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x6b  0 tc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0  0  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x6c  0 tc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x6d  0 tc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0  0  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x6e  0 tc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x6f  0 tc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0 16  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x70  0 tc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x71  0 tc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0 16  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x72  0 tc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x73  0 tc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0 24  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x74  0 tc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x75  0 tc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0 24  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x76  0 tc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x77  0 tc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0 24  8 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x78  0 tc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x79  0 tc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0 24  8 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x7a  0 tc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x7b  0 tc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0  0  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x7c  0 tc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x7d  0 tc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0  0  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x7e  0 tc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x7f  0 tc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 16  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x80  0 tc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x81  0 tc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 16  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x82  0 tc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x83  0 tc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x84  0 tc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x85  0 tc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x86  0 tc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x87  0 tc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  8 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x88  0 tc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x89  0 tc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  8 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x8a  0 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x8b  0 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0  0  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0x8c  0 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x8d  0 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0  0  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0x8e  0 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x8f  0 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 16  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0x90  0 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x91  0 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 16  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0x92  0 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x93  0 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0x94  0 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x95  0 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0x96  0 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x97  0 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0x98  0 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x99  0 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0x9a  0 dc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x9b  0 dc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0  0  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x9c  0 dc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x9d  0 dc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0  0  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x9e  0 dc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x9f  0 dc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0 16  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xa0  0 dc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xa1  0 dc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0 16  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xa2  0 dc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xa3  0 dc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0 24  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xa4  0 dc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xa5  0 dc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0 24  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xa6  0 dc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xa7  0 dc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0 24  8 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xa8  0 dc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xa9  0 dc  0 16  0 r  y  .  5  6  5  0  0 24  8 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xaa  0 dc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xab  0 dc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0  0  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xac  0 dc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xad  0 dc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0  0  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xae  0 dc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xaf  0 dc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 16  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xb0  0 dc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xb1  0 dc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 16  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xb2  0 dc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xb3  0 dc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xb4  0 dc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xb5  0 dc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xb6  0 dc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xb7  0 dc  0 24  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  8 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xb8  0 dc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xb9  0 dc  0 24  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  0  0 24  8 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0xba  0 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xbb  0 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0  0  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0xbc  0 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xbd  0 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0  0  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0xbe  0 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xbf  0 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 16  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0xc0  0 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xc1  0 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 16  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0xc2  0 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xc3  0 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0xc4  0 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xc5  0 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  0 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0xc6  0 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xc7  0 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0xc8  0 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0xc9  0 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow

Coudl you please tell me what any of that means? I assume none and slow are bad things.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #14 on: 29 May 2010, 19:22 »
Software rendering by the looks.