Redmond, WA > I Love Microsoft

I love Windows 2008 Server.

<< < (2/4) > >>

piratePenguin:
My post was a joke.

Kintaro:
Mine was a passive observation followed by a joke. We have something in common. Want to have gay sex?

Refalm:
Other than Novell and Mandriva, there are no real good directory servers out there.
Lots of organizations choose Windows Server 2008 R2 to do that, even if they run Linux desktops.

People say Linux focusses a lot on servers, but on directory services, Microsoft is beating it.

Kintaro:

--- Quote from: Refalm on 31 May 2010, 10:49 ---Other than Novell and Mandriva, there are no real good directory servers out there.
Lots of organizations choose Windows Server 2008 R2 to do that, even if they run Linux desktops.

People say Linux focusses a lot on servers, but on directory services, Microsoft is beating it.

--- End quote ---

You could be strung out on heroin and still get ActiveDirectory to work. When it comes to web servers and databases there are a lot of security considerations involving the Internet. Yet, when you have a virtually standalone server on your business network, you never need to update it or intervene in any way with Windows 2008. It allows one to be incredibly lazy, and for what it does, I really like that.

When it comes to VPNs as well, I like Server 2008 because I can be lazy. OpenSWAN takes a lot more work than Remote Access Services.

Calum:

--- Quote from: Kintaro ---How did not working become an ideal? I personally blame Calum Carlyle for raising us wrong.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: piratePenguin ---My post was a joke.

--- End quote ---
So was Kintaro's! :-)

--- Quote ---Mine was a passive observation followed by a joke. We have something in common. Want to have gay sex?
--- End quote ---
see? He knows how to laugh at life, in his own way!

Now play nicely kids!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version