Author Topic: Windows Geniune Pain in the Arse  (Read 13512 times)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Re: Windows Geniune Pain in the Arse
« Reply #45 on: 24 June 2010, 17:36 »
what's the point in this?

so far this thread has had AlooneJonez dragging my name through the mud on the spurious basis that children swear (which is the opposite of my experience), and now PiratePenguin, who i thought i was having a reasonably sensible discussion with, decides that not only am i talking shit, but furthermore that i have no idea what is even being talked about. Not only this, but his failure to grasp what i am saying cannot be down to any misunderstanding on his part, but must, actually, be entirely down to my inability to even know what i'm talking about.

This whole discussion is childish and pointless, looking at it from this end. *i* know what i'm saying, and both of you (i suspect) are completely capable of understanding it too, though both of you have now chosen the "la la la, i'm not listening" defence, which is frankly disgusting.

grow up, or you will constantly fail to communicate in the world, and the only person that'll think it's big and/or clever are yourselves.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #46 on: 24 June 2010, 18:40 »
so far this thread has had AlooneJonez dragging my name through the mud on the spurious basis that children swear (which is the opposite of my experience)

No I didn't, read my previous post.

This whole discussion is childish and pointless, looking at it from this end. *i* know what i'm saying, and both of you (i suspect) are completely capable of understanding it too, though both of you have now chosen the "la la la, i'm not listening" defence, which is frankly disgusting.

grow up, or you will constantly fail to communicate in the world, and the only person that'll think it's big and/or clever are yourselves.
That's it, you can never be the person who's in the wrong, can you?

Surely it's got to be everyone else with the problem.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #47 on: 25 June 2010, 00:49 »
I said you were full of shit because you suggested that the issue is more complicated than I understand, without providing any point that I misunderstand - you just said I don't understand, and that's the end of discussion. Your posts - in this thread and others, are really a bad buzz lately.

Why don't you get off the whole "nobody here understands me", "this place is full of censor whores" and either (A) gtfo or (B) start addressing posts, emphasizing points you feel are important, and producing quality posts which (I know) you are capable to do?

But seriously, if you keep going down this road, you're just annoying people, and annoying yourself.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #48 on: 23 July 2010, 06:48 »
The history of this thread:
* I start a discussion.
* People join in constructively
* Calum comes along with no knowledge on the subject beyond direct observation and calls his post a contribution.
* I get really annoyed at Calum for doing this.
* Calum derails my thread like fucktard.
* The rest of you join in because its me, and I am the bully who hurts your feelings and any chance to get back at me helps numb the pain.
* This post is made.

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #49 on: 27 July 2010, 19:55 »
clap clap

Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #50 on: 2 August 2010, 22:19 »
what's the point in this?

so far this thread has had AlooneJonez dragging my name through the mud on the spurious basis that children swear (which is the opposite of my experience), and now PiratePenguin, who i thought i was having a reasonably sensible discussion with, decides that not only am i talking shit, but furthermore that i have no idea what is even being talked about. Not only this, but his failure to grasp what i am saying cannot be down to any misunderstanding on his part, but must, actually, be entirely down to my inability to even know what i'm talking about.

I think they speed read dude. I am going to see if I can translate your posts to them for you.

I just realized Calum made some really good posts after I stopped reading this thread. Sorry about that Calum.

Declan, I believe you won't understand the importance of contracts and the courts until you are divorced for beating up your wife over concepts you don't understand - and you lose your house because you didn't get a prenuptial agreement. In response you will probably attempt to ban marriage altogether and in fact defacto relationships.

See, I lived with this girl once called Fiona and eventually we hated eachother quite dearly. Certain property was purchased together and this had to be settled voluntarily despite the fact we were not married.

When you buy an album you effectively enter A DEFACTO RELATIONSHIP WITH THE ARTIST. If the Artist is awesome you might get something under the creative commons. I am writing a masterpeice at the moment which has taken a lot of time. To do it, I need to eat food, pay for bills, own a computer, own recording equipment, and rent my own damn house.

Where should all that come from, a subclass of slaves?

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #51 on: 3 August 2010, 02:16 »
I'm afraid that my default plan is to make lots and lots of money from a job that pays one of the best salaries in the world, Kintaro. It isn't even because I love money - a tonne of people are in my course for that reason (this is interesting, and I think that money is an okay motivator in this case - but a poor selector i.e. it is only motivating the below average students, and most of them won't make it to actuary (it's likely that none of them will get what they think they'll get) - one of my best college friends hates the work we do, but when it comes down to it he'll spend 9-12 hours everyday in the library for weeks before important exams. Unfortunately, I don't think that he'll be continuing in his preferred course next year. There is actually an on-topic point in this, but I'll just point that out if you get it and I won't focus my post on an outlier).

This is just a little bit about me, but if I get married and divorced with no prenup, then trust that I won't mind fulfilling the law wrt marriage - not only is this a world apart from copyright law, I don't want to live in a big house. I'm your favorite thing in the whole wide world, and you don't even know this about me. Disappointed. Surprised too that you brought up divorce suits and not even copyright suits, but then again I am speed-reading your posts and I don't care about this point (this was not the case with Calums posts, mind you). In any case, really don't worry yourself about me will you?

Notice that above is what I said my default plan is. An alternative is that at some point - either in the distant future established in some job (isn't that an idea!!) or in the not so distant future, some of my mathsy-programmy endeavors could bring me fame and fortune (or, more appropriately - a living). I'll tell you what, though, if this occurs I won't be depending on people following an instruction not to share. If my users want to, sharing is their right. They are not stealing when they do this with digital information and that is the greatest advancement ever - seriously, yes it is. If I have any faith in our species then I know that one day we will tap out of one awesome power (think media cartels, the "representatives" of artists) and into another awesome power - the power of free sharing. This will be a good thing. You may know this too.

I feel like I've made these points a hundred times here and there, but here's a summary. It may well be my last elaborate post on the topic here, ever. So I'll just spell it so that hopefully I won't come back again and read a post that I've already read.
 - I believe that good artists will get the ball rolling (bonus challenge: try to figure out which 'good' I mean), someday very strongly, on the free culture movement, and that the concept will grow and grow*. In the mean time in any case
 - it is not my belief that artists terms should be allowed to extend to limiting sharing of digital copies
 - the reactions I am picking up already are as though artists are going to STARVE NOW, but
 - I do not believe that a good artist will starve. Any artist who finds yourself in this position, please seek employment! Will we really need information leaflets about this? For tried artists who are unsuccessful at making an income and unsuccessful at getting a job, please sign on for unemployment benefits! We can't do anything else for you!
 - You can say that the above sounds cruel - I've made no effort to make it sound like anything else, but here's the sticker: PEOPLE WILL STILL GIVE MONEY TO KEEP ARTISTS WHOSE WORK THEY ENJOY IN BUSINESS!! Shock. Horror.

Which point is the difficult one Kintaro? and if we can have a focused discussion, it could be worthwhile. Go off the plot and back to your usual bullshit self if you want me to fuck off - then I'll be happy to. I feel like I've explained myself clearly enough.

* aside: Most likely this will be majorly helped by media cartels who are bigger bastards than pirates at sea, shooting themselves in the foot by not shutting the fuck up and pissing people off.
« Last Edit: 3 August 2010, 05:25 by piratePenguin »

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #52 on: 3 August 2010, 02:22 »
Oh right, you were suggesting that I don't understand or appreciate the importance of the law and contracts - you are wrong and if you don't leave it here that is one easy way out for you.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #53 on: 3 August 2010, 13:08 »
Well I agree that Calum made some good points.

To be honest, the reason why I left this thread because Calum annoyed me (no this wasn't just because he swore at me), I felt his attitude was just going to piss me off more and I felt that having the discussion wasn't worth the stress.  I mean if you're not enjoying a debate and it's only frustrating, what's the point of continuing?

In truth, I think that we are guilty of many of the things Calum accuses us of but what he didn't realise is that he's no better himself .

I don't see the point in discussing the matter any further . Piratepenguin clearly feels that it shouldn't be possible to own information, ideas because it doesn't exist in the physical sense. In other words, if you manufacture wheelbarrows and someone steals 1000 of them, you loose the value of 1000 wheelbarrows but  if you make music and 1000 people download your album from piratebay, you don't necessary loose the value of 1000 albums because that would presume they all would've bought it and it ignores the fact that their friends might buy it. after they've heard them play it  You  and Calum clearly disagree with this philosophy and so do I to an extent.

There comes a point in a discussion when both parties have made all the points they have to make; continuing the debate beyond that, without making any significant points will not get anyone anywhere - it's now a circular argument.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu: