Miscellaneous > Applications

OpenOffice.org problem solved by removing Outlook Express

<< < (2/2)

Refalm:
A lot of programs that seem cross-platform, really aren't, like Pidgin has special coding to handle GDI, VLC media player has DirectDraw support, etc.

Aloone_Jonez:

--- Quote from: Kintaro on 13 June 2010, 02:47 --- OpenOffice in some rare mistake has done it wrong. There is probably an update, or you can use a previous version.

I am sure ordinary open office would not have this problem.

--- End quote ---

I don't know, I used GoOO on both machines and I've only had a problem with one machine. Both machines run Windows XP SP3 and the same version of GoOO, yet only one has had the problem. I didn't bother trying to reinstall GoOO which would've probably been the easiest option.

How do you know it's definitely OO's fault?

Yes, it uses senddoc.exe to email but how do you know it does it the wrong way? Have you looked at the source code?

It could just as easily be a problem with the Windows install on my PC not setting up the email client properly.

GoOO seems to work well with Thunderbird, it's only once I've had a problem. The only piece of software I've really had a problem with is Adobe Acrobat reader which definitely does it the wrong way. It uses the same Internet options as Internet Explorer which is also shit; it has a separate email client setting which applies to all users and can only changed by a user with administrative privileges.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version