Operating Systems > macOS

Users or fans?

<< < (6/6)

piratePenguin:
Basically, with the rows oriented towards the side (where the fingers are). I can see it working, but it may not be fast. I think we're familiar enough to be able to adapt to that - and we get comfortable typing (not as fast as a real keyboard).

The problem the ipad has to deal with isn't even that typing on it isn't fast (it is if you use your entire body or an appropriate object) - it's that you need (at least) one hand to hold it, otherwise you need to use your body.

But, as is readily known, the ipad isn't designed for replacing computers, it's designed for media consumption. I hope future devices take a more opportunistic approach. Android allows this experimenting, so I'm expecting it.

Aloone_Jonez:
I admit that my fingers are probably too fat to type at any reasonable speed with a decent level of accuracy on that tiny keyboard. Hopefully it has some smart auto-correction software which minimises typographical errors. Unfortunately, auto-correction is a double edge sword and can be annoying when one wants to type unusual words or non-verbal text such as a car registration or post code.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version