Author Topic: Kinect blamed for 'red ring of death' Xbox 360 failures  (Read 2088 times)

bedouin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 443
    • http://homepage.mac.com/alqahtani/

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
Re: Kinect blamed for 'red ring of death' Xbox 360 failures
« Reply #1 on: 6 January 2011, 21:43 »
Interesting. I suppose it is possible that all the movement recognition of the Kinect uses considerable horsepower, and it was the final straw on a bunch of Xbox360 that were about ready to go.
sig.

yahurd

• Kudos: 384
  • Hero of Time
    • http://www.yahurd.my-place.us/
« Reply #2 on: 7 January 2011, 07:17 »
Buy kinect and your Xbox never works again, thats a lovely advertisement, microsoftshould put that on TV.

Kinect: Because your Xbox needs to die.

reactosguy

• Kudos: 2
    • Microsoft Sucks !!!
« Reply #3 on: 10 January 2011, 00:39 »
This is why I own a Wii. Kinect is too darn bad. It's not precise enough and you'll look like an idiot using this system.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2011, 20:07 »
Interesting. I suppose it is possible that all the movement recognition of the Kinect uses considerable horsepower, and it was the final straw on a bunch of Xbox360 that were about ready to go.
Yes, it sounds like they're pushing the hardware beyond its limits but they must've overclocked something or not given it sufficient cooling for a hardware driver to cause a hardware failure to it sounds like it's a n Xbox design fault, rather than the Kinect.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu: