Author Topic: Oh fuck guess who went 100% Linux  (Read 2283 times)

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
Oh fuck guess who went 100% Linux
« on: 10 February 2011, 05:14 »
I did.

Ubuntu Maverick on all my machines save for one. I'm using CentOS as a server for me and my girlfriend in our apartment.
Go the fuck ~

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Re: Oh fuck guess who went 100% Linux
« Reply #1 on: 10 February 2011, 12:00 »
I still use Windows Server 2008 for my game server, because some games don't have a Linux server version :(

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2011, 19:29 »
Still use Windows XP at the moment and don't care.

I use OxygenOffice, Firefox and Thunder Bird even though my computer came with shitty MS Works.

When I do upgrade, no noubt it'll come with Window 7 or even Windows 8 but I'll do my best to avoid any shitty bundled software and won't touch MS Office with its appalling user interface.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

reactosguy

• Kudos: 2
    • Microsoft Sucks !!!
« Reply #3 on: 11 February 2011, 03:50 »
I'm using Windows XP at the moment, and I don't know why people are going over to Windows 7. Windows XP still has excellent features, and it is still the world's most popular OS.

I'll write more later. Super tired...

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #4 on: 11 February 2011, 19:47 »
I'm using Windows XP at the moment, and I don't know why people are going over to Windows 7.
Mostly because all new computers come bundled with Windows 7. When I buy a new computer, I'm hardly going to wipe Windows 7 off and install XP unless i dual boot of course.

Windows XP still has excellent features, and it is still the world's most popular OS.

Yes and lots of software will still work on Windows 2000, especially open source software which is always slow to increase requirements for Windows.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

reactosguy

• Kudos: 2
    • Microsoft Sucks !!!
« Reply #5 on: 11 February 2011, 23:51 »
I'm using CentOS as a server for me and my girlfriend in our apartment.

A web server?