All Things Microsoft > Microsoft Hardware

Comparing consoles using About.com

<< < (2/3) > >>

piratePenguin:
By a long shot I think I prefer MS as a company when compared to Sony.

One played dirty tricks to conquer markets - companies will do this, the other is using dirty tricks to take away your rights - companies shouldn't be allowed to do this.

Lead Head:

--- Quote from: piratePenguin on 20 February 2011, 18:37 ---By a long shot I think I prefer MS as a company when compared to Sony.

One played dirty tricks to conquer markets - companies will do this, the other is using dirty tricks to take away your rights - companies shouldn't be allowed to do this.

--- End quote ---
Can you elaborate?

piratePenguin:

--- Quote from: Lead Head on 21 February 2011, 07:07 ---
--- Quote from: piratePenguin on 20 February 2011, 18:37 ---By a long shot I think I prefer MS as a company when compared to Sony.

--- End quote ---
Can you elaborate?

--- End quote ---
DRM, outlawing Linux on PS3, their policy is to take away your control of hardware and digital copies of music etc., insofar as technologically possible.

I went looking around some shops yesterday for the first time in a long time, and I thought about this: why do we still have record stores?

Fair play to capitalism for creating usually useful competition between companies, but I'm still toying in my mind with the effects the structure has with holding us back.

Refalm:
Because in most music stores, the music catalogue sucks, and that's because only people who don't know how to download (legally or illegally) buy CD's.
A small number of people who buy CD's because they choose to, and because they love music more than life, don't bother going to stores any-more, but order them online.

Aloone_Jonez:

--- Quote from: piratePenguin on 26 February 2011, 02:54 ---their policy is to take away your control of hardware and digital copies of music etc., insofar as technologically possible.
--- End quote ---
Their next step will be changing it so you don't actually own the console, you merely buy a lease to use it indefinitely, the console remains the property of Sony forever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version