Operating Systems > Linux and UNIX

Oh fuck guess who went 100% Linux

(1/2) > >>

hm_murdock:
I did.

Ubuntu Maverick on all my machines save for one. I'm using CentOS as a server for me and my girlfriend in our apartment.

Refalm:
I still use Windows Server 2008 for my game server, because some games don't have a Linux server version :(

Aloone_Jonez:
Still use Windows XP at the moment and don't care.

I use OxygenOffice, Firefox and Thunder Bird even though my computer came with shitty MS Works.

When I do upgrade, no noubt it'll come with Window 7 or even Windows 8 but I'll do my best to avoid any shitty bundled software and won't touch MS Office with its appalling user interface.

reactosguy:
I'm using Windows XP at the moment, and I don't know why people are going over to Windows 7. Windows XP still has excellent features, and it is still the world's most popular OS.

I'll write more later. Super tired...

Aloone_Jonez:

--- Quote from: reactosguy on 11 February 2011, 03:50 ---I'm using Windows XP at the moment, and I don't know why people are going over to Windows 7.
--- End quote ---
Mostly because all new computers come bundled with Windows 7. When I buy a new computer, I'm hardly going to wipe Windows 7 off and install XP unless i dual boot of course.

--- Quote --- Windows XP still has excellent features, and it is still the world's most popular OS.
--- End quote ---

Yes and lots of software will still work on Windows 2000, especially open source software which is always slow to increase requirements for Windows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version