Miscellaneous > Applications

Firefox 4

(1/3) > >>

Refalm:
It's out now, what are you waiting for?

Or wait for the packages to be loaded in your distributions' repository.

Fastest Firefox Ever
    * Performance: Firefox is up to six times faster than the previous release. With improved start-up and page load times, speedy Web app performance and hardware accelerated graphics, Firefox is optimized for rich, interactive websites.

Streamlined Interface
    * App Tabs: give a permanent home to frequently visited sites like Web mail, Twitter, Pandora, Flickr.
    * Switch to Tab: easily find and switch to any open tab from your Awesome Bar without opening duplicate tabs.
    * Panorama: drag and drop tabs into manageable groups to save time while navigating many open tabs.

Private and Secure Synchronization
    * Firefox Sync: access your Awesome Bar history, bookmarks, open tabs, passwords and form data across multiple computers and mobile devices.

Most Customizable
    * New Add-ons Manager: easily discover and install more than 200,000 add-ons to customize the features, functionality and look of Firefox.

Private and Secure
    * Do Not Track: Firefox is leading the Web towards a universal standard Do Not Track feature that allows users to opt-out of tracking used for behavioral advertising.
    * Firefox puts privacy first, fixing flaws in some Web standards to prevent others from accessing your browser history.
    * HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS): automatically establishes secure connections to stop “man in the middle” attacks and keep sensitive data safe from interception during the log-in process.
    * Content Security Policy (CSP): prevent cross-scripting attacks by allowing sites to explicitly tell the browser which content is legitimate.

Aloone_Jonez:
Where's the status bar gone?

The pagezoom extension I use no longer works. What's the point of having 100s of extensions when they only stop working every time a new version is released?

This is shit, I'm sticking with Opera for now.

Lead Head:
They stop working because FireFox has compatibility checks. If the extension doesn't list compatibility with the newest version, FireFox disables it so it eliminates the possibility of it crashing FireFox. Blame the extension's developer. Not FireFox.

The status bar only pops up when you hover over a link or when the page is loading.

Aloone_Jonez:

--- Quote from: Lead Head on 23 March 2011, 03:19 ---They stop working because FireFox has compatibility checks. If the extension doesn't list compatibility with the newest version, FireFox disables it so it eliminates the possibility of it crashing FireFox. Blame the extension's developer. Not FireFox.
--- End quote ---
Nonsense, that's like saying blame the don't blame Microsoft because Windows 7 won't run programs designed to run on XP. It should be easy to write extensions so they will work on future Firefox versions. Developers shouldn't have to release new extensions every time a new version of Firefox is released, which is something like every three months.

--- Quote ---The status bar only pops up when you hover over a link or when the page is loading.
--- End quote ---
Then I know the extension won't work because the silly Firefox developers made it hide the stays bar which the said extension relies on to function and there's no way to disable such "functionality".

Fuck if they had put the zoom button on the status or toolbar in the first place like Opera and Internet Explorer I wouldn't need such a silly extension in the first place. and is one of the reasons I'm using Opera.

Refalm:
Actually, they built a seperate "addon bar" for those things. My addon bar still has five addons on it.

Try Ctrl+/ to make it appear.

While we're on the subject, here a list of my addons installed:
Adblock Plus
BetterPrivacy
Download Statusbar
FireGestures
Ghostery
Google Redesigned
Omnibar
Quake Live
Resurrect Pages
Stylish