Author Topic: You all use Windows  (Read 4734 times)

reactosguy

• Kudos: 2
    • Microsoft Sucks !!!
You all use Windows
« on: 22 July 2011, 19:06 »
Admit it, some of you guys do.
« Last Edit: 4 January 2012, 00:02 by reactosguy »

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Re: You all use Windows
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2011, 22:56 »
I just noticed normal members were able to view the OS & Browser detection too :D

Linux has no Hybrid SLI support (which my computer has). The project to fix that is still in alpha, and very buggy. And even then, you can only use the open source nvidia driver. Which means gaming is next to impossible.

I usually do normal browsing and stuff in Linux, not to be annoyed by Windows' bullshit. But now at the holidays, all I do on my laptop is usually gaming.

My previous laptop had a single geforce card, and I used to game in Wine all the time. Some games even ran better in Wine, than Windows itself.
« Last Edit: 22 July 2011, 23:03 by Refalm »

reactosguy

• Microsoft Sucks !!!
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2011, 23:11 »
Anybody else joining the bandwagon?

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
« Reply #3 on: 31 July 2011, 12:21 »
the only computer I have runs windows. works for me.

sorry fellas!

bedouin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 443
    • http://homepage.mac.com/alqahtani/
You all use Windows
« Reply #4 on: 31 July 2011, 12:36 »
My last piece of Microsoft software was retired after switching from Word/Excel 2004 to Pages/Numbers this year.  I have not used Windows full time since 2002, and before that even I spent a large amount of time in Linux and BeOS.

The iPad is my gaming machine for all intents and purposes, and if I needed more I'd get a Wii. 

Google has been largely replaced by DuckDuckGo for search engine purposes.  They are even more dangerous than MS was at their peak, and worse yet there's virtually no geek protest because they generally make products that admittedly work and are occasionally cool.  MS was evil and their software blew.  They are trying to be nice guys again -- sorta, just because the writing is on the wall: they offer nothing unique and have been floating on the momentum of past achievements for a decade now.

Not one machine runs Windows, not even in a Virtual Machine. 

If I have a major shift in the future I believe it will mean embracing many of RMS' philosophies -- which I 95% of the time agree with despite being an Apple fan.  I enjoy reading his essays. 

I was even eyeing the MIPS based hardware Stallman uses and thought of going that route.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #5 on: 31 July 2011, 19:16 »
Wikipedia has a page on the evil on Google:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Google

I'm a heavy Google user myself, I have an Android, and I linked all my e-mail addresses to Gmail.

The one thing I don't like about YouTube for example, is that they keep controversial content off the front page, thus popularizing douchebags like Ray William Johnson and Fred, over channels like OneyNG or The Amazing Atheist that people get offended by. I don't agree with everything some vlogger says, but it's stupid to keep them off the front page, it makes the whole website very shallow.

Also the storing of millions of people's SSID information by the Google Streetview car.
And the self-censorship of their mainland China search engine.
« Last Edit: 31 July 2011, 19:54 by Refalm »

reactosguy

• Microsoft Sucks !!!
« Reply #6 on: 31 July 2011, 19:23 »
I know a site called Google-Sucks.org. The webmaster posted on Microsoft Sucks that sites like these show that consumers are aware of the actions of these corporations.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #7 on: 31 July 2011, 19:51 »
I've heard some bad things about Google but never done serious research. Google does seem to do good with open source software though.

I'll give DuckDuckGo a try to see if it's better than Google but admit I'll keep using Google for now.
« Last Edit: 31 July 2011, 20:00 by Refalm »
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
« Reply #8 on: 1 August 2011, 02:57 »
Google is not only censoring in China; they've been caught meddling with politically oriented alternative news sites. Not outright blocking, but repeated 'accidents' like resetting or freezing user views or ratings on Google Video and Youtube (this started after Google acquired them), removing popular sites from Google News, etc.

As for Microsoft, they may be 'playing nice', but it turns out that Bill Gates is doing far worse evil under the cover of humanitarianism than he has done with Microsoft.

http://yourblackpolitics.wordpress.com/2011/07/28/gates-foundation-accused-of-ordering-african-vaccinations-at-gun-point/

reactosguy

• Microsoft Sucks !!!
« Reply #9 on: 1 August 2011, 03:16 »
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-Pacific/2010/0113/For-Google-China-remains-closed-commercially-too

Google closed commercially in China, because they were no longer willing to censor those search results.

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
« Reply #10 on: 1 August 2011, 04:03 »
More accurately, they weren't able to penetrate the Chinese market, which is controlled by Baidu, and the little profit they made did not justify the bad PR and hassle of meeting all the Chinese government's demands.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #11 on: 1 August 2011, 23:25 »
More accurately, they weren't able to penetrate the Chinese market, which is controlled by Baidu
It's no surprise, the Chinese government has made it as difficult as possible for Google.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
« Reply #12 on: 5 August 2011, 21:01 »
I don't use windows.