Author Topic: Microsoft is Desperate to Get IE9 Users  (Read 1901 times)

bedouin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 443
    • http://homepage.mac.com/alqahtani/
Microsoft is Desperate to Get IE9 Users
« on: 11 October 2011, 18:37 »
An on-line food ordering service here in Egypt is giving people a free McDonald's combo meal voucher if they place an order using IE9.  Good thing I can change my browser ID, since I couldn't run IE9 even if I wanted to.

reactosguy

• Kudos: 2
    • Microsoft Sucks !!!
Re: Microsoft is Desperate to Get IE9 Users
« Reply #1 on: 11 October 2011, 20:51 »
That is retarded. Who buys a meal on the WWW?

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2011, 23:51 »
I order food quite frequently on the internet. I had bad experiences ordering over the phone, the pizza, Chinese-Indo, or roti place never listens, and you end up with mihoen instead of bami.

I think it's funny how in most European countries, there is a billboard battle between Chrome and Internet Explorer, sometimes even television ads.
More and more people discover that Internet Ezplorer is an unworkable piece of shit. Sure version 9 is quicker, but it's still full with stupid questions and download preventions.

bedouin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 443
    • http://homepage.mac.com/alqahtani/
Microsoft is Desperate to Get IE9 Users
« Reply #3 on: 13 October 2011, 15:24 »
You can view multiple restaurants' menus and save favorite orders.  They keep your address on hand with directions so you don't have to explain it every time you call.  You can also place multiple orders from different restaurants to be delivered at the same time.  Most places keep pictures of each meal too.  Taxes, delivery fees and other stuff are all calculated up front so you just hand the guy the cash when he comes.

Some services let you order with a credit card too; no need to run around the house looking for spare change.

Also there's less chance for miscommunication.  What you want is right there in writing.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #4 on: 13 October 2011, 22:31 »
They'd get more users if they released it for Windows XP but they're not going to do that.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

reactosguy

• Kudos: 2
    • Microsoft Sucks !!!
« Reply #5 on: 20 October 2011, 23:16 »
Well, the locale is specific anyway. Are there other countries that Microsoft is wanting to shove IE9 into their computers?