Author Topic: Do you have a console?  (Read 17957 times)

yahurd

• Kudos: 384
  • Hero of Time
    • http://www.yahurd.my-place.us/
Re: Do you have a console?
« Reply #210 on: 24 May 2007, 19:34 »
Now the proud owner of a Gamecube. I had no idea how small they were, it's very impressive. Makes the oldskool Xbox look like a 1930s radio cabinet. This goddamm Zelda game, Wind Waker, is pretty fuckin good too. I suck at conducting the wind and sailing, but I am definitely going to be spending a lot of time in front of the screen over the next few months. And it all fits on a half-size cd.

yeh, i had it a while ago. i played it 24/7 till my mom hid i......

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #211 on: 25 May 2007, 12:56 »
Quote from: Refalm
But, like in Zelda for example, Link is holding his sword in his right hand (although he was left handed in the previous Zelda games), and you see tennis players in Wii Sports holding the racket in the right hand.

Wouldn't that create a problem?

I don't know about Zelda, but in Wii Sports, you can tell it that you're using your left hand.

Anyway, the Wii is cool. Great controls. Wii Sports is pretty fun, especially multiplayer mode.
I also bought Excite Truck, which is great for a launch title.
The Opera browser is the best embedded browser I've seen. Some would argue the lack of tabs, but I believe that would confuse some people, mainly non-gamers which is now also Nintendo's target audience.

If you want some games that are nice for a few hours, get an Xbox 360. If you want state of the art graphics and sound, get a PS3.
If you actually want to have fun gaming, get a Wii!

solemnwarning

• Kudos: 338
    • http://www.solemnwarning.net
« Reply #212 on: 25 May 2007, 14:09 »
PC games are the best, the keyboard and mouse is far superior to a pad/remote/whatever :)
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
 Version: 3.1
 GCS/CM d- s+:+ a--- C++ UL++++>$ P+ L+++ !E W++ !N !o !K-- w !O !M !V PS+ PE- !Y !PGP !t !5 !X !R tv b+ DI+ !D G e- h !r y-
 ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #213 on: 25 May 2007, 14:40 »
The Opera browser is the best embedded browser I've seen. Some would argue the lack of tabs, but I believe that would confuse some people, mainly non-gamers which is now also Nintendo's target audience.
The PS3 browser seems cool and has great tab support - use the back buttons to scroll between them.
If you want some games that are nice for a few hours, get an Xbox 360. If you want state of the art graphics and sound, get a PS3.
If you actually want to have fun gaming, get a Wii!
I'd agree with that too.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #214 on: 25 May 2007, 18:28 »
Are you sure Opera isn't the PS3 browser?
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #215 on: 25 May 2007, 18:33 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
I think it likely is, but it's a waay different interface to the Wii one.

Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

luckyp3616

• Kudos: 106
« Reply #216 on: 29 December 2007, 21:04 »
Guess what happens if you make your own game... Game consoles implicitly say:

"I'm to SCExy for your disc, to SCExy for your to SCExy yeaha!
I am am model, you know what I mwan? I wont even turn it on the catwalk. On the catwalk yeah on the catwalk... I won't shake it on my tush on the catwalk..." and it goes on and on and on...
Two years... (literally), and my account is still on... THANK YOU!

I as of somewhere in 2006, I am now officially Windows-free. My sister got her own computer. (Thank God!) and now you will never see windows on my computer(s) again, at least my custom build ones!

SiMuLaCrUm

• Kudos: 143
  • OMGWTFBBQ
« Reply #217 on: 30 December 2007, 00:38 »
Yes I have a console. 2 for that matter, an Xbox (meh) and a PS1 (meher)
Proudly posted on a computer

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #218 on: 30 December 2007, 04:05 »

Last time I checked on my Wii, I'm pretty sure it said "Powered by Opera" ;)

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #219 on: 30 December 2007, 11:38 »
My question related to the PS3, not the Wii.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #220 on: 30 December 2007, 19:03 »
It is very much not Opera on the PS3, something else.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #221 on: 30 December 2007, 23:20 »
My question related to the PS3, not the Wii.

Your question was:
"Are you sure Opera isn't the PS3 browser?"
Suggestion the browser on the Wii isn't Opera.