Author Topic: bomb app in windoze  (Read 811 times)

Paladin9

• VIP
  • Kudos: 263
bomb app in windoze
« on: 10 February 2004, 21:27 »
Is there a program written for windows that is like the bomp app in osx?  It would be very intersting to get my hands on something like that.

To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit different; it takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
bomb app in windoze
« Reply #1 on: 10 February 2004, 10:52 »
quote:
Originally posted by Paladin9:
Is there a program written for windows that is like the bomp app in osx?  It would be very intersting to get my hands on something like that.

Perhaps you'd first like to inform the Windows users what the bomb app in OSX is?

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
bomb app in windoze
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2004, 18:53 »
Does it crash the computer or something?  :D

I'm guessing it could be used to terminate apps, like Xkill in Linux?  :confused:
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

M51DPS

• VIP
  • Kudos: 30
bomb app in windoze
« Reply #3 on: 11 February 2004, 00:13 »
The Bomb App comes with the developer tools for Mac OS X. Basically what happens is you open it, click a button, and it crashes. A nice example of how one application can't bring the whole system down, but it would be funny to see what it does to a windows system . . .

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
bomb app in windoze
« Reply #4 on: 11 February 2004, 00:41 »
Well I know that some versions of IE can be crashed with the link www.openopen.org/ie , but that one doesn't seem to work anymore with the latest patches.  :(   I did, however, have fun with that page at school  :D
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
bomb app in windoze
« Reply #5 on: 11 February 2004, 01:04 »
You don't need to do anything special in windows just try doing something productive. Remember not to save, then it'll crash for you.
Contains scenes of mild peril.

Paladin9

• VIP
  • Kudos: 263
bomb app in windoze
« Reply #6 on: 11 February 2004, 06:36 »
there must be something out there that tests windows ability to not crash, like the bomb app in osx.

To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit different; it takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination

young1024

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.freewebs.com/young1024
bomb app in windoze
« Reply #7 on: 20 March 2004, 06:02 »
Three words: "Plug, and, Pray".

ADDED: "Oh, and if you don't have it, pick a program, any program. Just remember to use 'multitasking' to crash everything at once!"

[ April 15, 2004: Message edited by: young1024 ]

Just pretend there's a really cool sig here.

theangelofdeath69

• http://www.kaltemartech.com/
bomb app in windoze
« Reply #8 on: 21 March 2004, 11:19 »
quote:
Originally posted by WMD:
Well I know that some versions of IE can be crashed with the link www.openopen.org/ie , but that one doesn't seem to work anymore with the latest patches.   :(    I did, however, have fun with that page at school   :D  

Ironically, that link crashed Firefox on me  :D
Specifications are for the weak and timid!
You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!
Indentation?! - I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!
What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.
Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment on his code!
Klingon software does NOT have BUGS. It has FEATURES, and those features are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand.
You cannot truly appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the original Klingon.
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!

virtualmetal

bomb app in windoze
« Reply #9 on: 21 March 2004, 14:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by Tux:
You don't need to do anything special in windows just try doing something productive. Remember not to save, then it'll crash for you.

I pressed a search button at work and it did exactly that. No save aswell!

[ March 21, 2004: Message edited by: VM ]

-VM-

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
bomb app in windoze
« Reply #10 on: 22 March 2004, 12:13 »
"Ironically, that link crashed Firefox on me"

I'm using Firefox 0.8 with Slackware 9.0, and that link didn't cause a crash. Even tried it several times, and... nothing.    

Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?