Author Topic: Whats the best OS of microsuck?  (Read 2047 times)

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Whats the best OS of microsuck?
« Reply #45 on: 12 July 2003, 01:16 »
quote:
bigmicrosoftlittleothers: intel,amd,compaq,ibm,gateway,dell,falcon,ibuypoweremachines,nvidia,ati,toshiba,sony(makers of the playstaion 1&2),yahoo,google,THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and every other country, state, city, county,province,company,person,and yourselves because they and billions more support microsoft software.

Intel: made their processor have support for Linux because many servers run it. Their Intel Xeon processor is known to run best on Linux.

AMD: Has worked with Linux development to make their processors compatible with Linux and vice versa. They want to compete with Intel in stable 64-bit Linux servers.

Compaq: Is now HP. HP has equipped their latest desktop PC's with Mandrake Linux.

IBM: Is known for advertising their Linux servers, which is their main focus.

Gateway: I agree, they're Microsoft's bitch. They copy design from Apple, and do it poorly too.

Dell: Install's FreeDOS instead of Windows at default, because they want to keep the price low.

nVidia: Has very good Linux and FreeBSD drivers for GeForce and nForce.

Ati: Their drivers for Linux are shit, but so are their Windows drivers.

Sony: Turned againts Microsoft when they released the Xbox.

Yahoo!: Is using FreeBSD to drive their websites.

Google: See this. Google has also stated that they are much better than MSN Search.

More countries and city's in Europe are starting to install Linux. Computer-makers in Asia are putting Linux on their PC's, because Microsoft's foreign ones are crappy and undertranslated.

[ July 11, 2003: Message edited by: Refalm ]

Canadian Lover

• VIP
  • Kudos: 122
« Reply #46 on: 12 July 2003, 02:46 »
why is this in the windows forum? is it because yyou use windows?

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #47 on: 12 July 2003, 02:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by jens:
Well I know, they all suck but if you had to pick one wich one should you take???

microsoft bob.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

jasonlane

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.root10.net
« Reply #48 on: 12 July 2003, 06:10 »
quote:
Originally posted by Refalm:

Intel: made their processor have support for Linux because many servers run it. Their Intel Xeon processor is known to run best on Linux.......................................................................................................................
More countries and city's in Europe are starting to install Linux. Computer-makers in Asia are putting Linux on their PC's, because Microsoft's foreign ones are crappy and undertranslated.

[ July 11, 2003: Message edited by: Refalm ]

absolutely
The MES Anti-Prude Force
"I don

slvadcjelli42

« Reply #49 on: 22 July 2003, 04:47 »
I did some reading on that "Bob" thing... man, that's freaky stuff! And they expected you to pay $100 to use that crap? Now wonder it flopped. Besides, the name is too simple; instead of sounding user-friendly, it sounds creepy (Come on, everyone, don't you want BOB installed on your  computer? BOB will make everything just fine... yesss... BOB...)

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
« Reply #50 on: 22 July 2003, 04:50 »

jasonlane

• http://www.root10.net
« Reply #51 on: 22 July 2003, 05:11 »
That's twice you've shown that man! perhaps more....

Tell you what though, thats art   ;)  (understand I'm talentless though)
The MES Anti-Prude Force
"I don

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
« Reply #52 on: 22 July 2003, 06:55 »
quote:
Originally posted by Zardoz:
That's twice you've shown that man! perhaps more....

Tell you what though, thats art    ;)   (understand I'm talentless though)

well. if i had ore windows cds, i would show some new ones... huhm. maybe its time to make a new image  ;)

mushrooomprince

• Kudos: 55
« Reply #53 on: 22 July 2003, 08:07 »
I think after a thread has been around for a few weeks it needs to be trashed.
All your base are belong to us.

snowdog

« Reply #54 on: 31 July 2003, 07:19 »
I'm a month late to the party, but who gives a damn. If I had to choose, I'd have to pick DOS 6.22 with WFW 3.11. Nothing else. My wife is running W2K and it blows. Not much better than the Win 9x/ME crap. Don't get me started on WinXP! She's been running W2K for a couple years now. It blows. Overly complicated, butt-ugly, and buggy. With Linux, on our server, I edit 5 files (1 of which is on the client -- /etc/fstab) and I have Samba and NFS working (Samba for the wife's crap W2K partition). And everything automounts. Wonderfully simple. I got the wife dual booting with Linux (she prefers SuSE, I prefer Mandrake, go figure). So, on second thought, pi$$ on it, I don't want anything M$. Gimme an abacus.