Author Topic: The "Microsoft fucking sucks so hard" thread  (Read 847 times)

slave

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
The "Microsoft fucking sucks so hard" thread
« Reply #15 on: 16 April 2003, 23:55 »
Yeah I totally agree.  Notice I said "technically" better, not practically better or morally better.  MS Office can DO the most of any office suite, and on Windows it is pretty fast (due to how it loads itself into memory on bootup)

MPlayer can play QuickTime?  Even the Sorenson codec ones?  I didn't know they had finished that.  I think I'll go check it out.   ;)

PS I don't mean to rag on Apple like this, so don't think I hate them or anything.  Their software is for the most part much better than Microsoft's, and they don't BS you with spyware and activation.  I still probably wouldn't buy a Mac, however.

dishawjp

• Kudos: 95
    • http://web.lemoyne/~dishawjp
« Reply #16 on: 17 April 2003, 08:13 »
I think that M$ sucks because of M$Office.  It's not a *bad* productivity suite per se, but the crappy way that they make it impossible to open documents created in a newer version of Office than the one you're using really bites.  And they come out with new versions every year or two.  So if you want to be able to use M$Office, you'd better be willing to shell out a few hundred bucks every couple of years.

Of course, there is the issue of their bloated, unstable, spyware-laden, overpriced operating system, but that's another story.

Oh, and then there's their web browser. IE is a <sarcasm> real great browser </sarcasm>.  

And their business practices.  Those would piss off a Pope.

I guess I could go on, but what's the point.  Linux has already more or less driven them out of any real growth in the server market and I wouldn't be suprised to see them losing share to Linux in the near future.  They've lost embedded to Linux already.  The fat lady already sang that song.  I find it hard to believe that they won't begin losing serious market share in desktop to Linux given how so many distros are really concentrating on improving desktop Linux.  

Hell, maybe I should start feeling sorry for poor little old M$.  They may be on their way out.

We can all hope  

Jim

Canadian Lover

• VIP
  • Kudos: 122
« Reply #17 on: 17 April 2003, 23:50 »
quote:
Hey I think MS Office is technically the "best" office suite out there right now  

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR FUCKING MIND?? I think WordPerfect is better......It dosen't have a paperclip that says "It looks like you're wrighting a letter" every time you wright "dear *insert name here*,.

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
« Reply #18 on: 18 April 2003, 00:00 »
M$ Office is indeed the most technically advanced office suite out there today. I urge you to bring me an example of another office suite that can do this:

:D

Canadian Lover

• VIP
  • Kudos: 122
« Reply #19 on: 18 April 2003, 06:12 »
my reason why M$ sucks:
1) They have expencive and buged up shit
2) unnessasery features make the computer slow (i.e Movie Maker)
3) They got all worng!!! you take out the useless features not the MS-DOS, Billy G
4)Windows crases the first second you turn it on
5)They use money as a wepon
6)The copied off os/2

There's a lot more, but that would make the page way too large.

oh one more thaut

quote:
IT DOESN'T

wheres your fucking head? you auctily *like* that way you have almost a gig less of space on your HD because Windows is using it

[ April 18, 2003: Message edited by: The all Microsoft hater ]

theangelofdeath69

• http://www.kaltemartech.com/
« Reply #20 on: 28 April 2003, 15:06 »
Well, how about this one...

That explains EVERYTHING!

And lets not forget...

Recently one of my friends, a computer wizard, paid me a visit. I mentioned that I had recently installed Windows on my PC, told him how happy I was with this operating system and showed him the Windows CD. To my astonishment and distress he threw it into my micro-wave oven and turned it on.

I was upset because the CD had become precious to me, but he said "Do not worry, it is unharmed." After a few minutes he took the CD out, gave it to me and said "Take a close look at it."

To my surprise the CD was quite cold and it seemed to have become thicker and heavier than before. At first I could not see anything, but on the inner edge of the central hole I saw an inscription, in lines finer than anything I have ever seen before. The inscription shone piercingly bright, and yet remote, as if out of a great depth.

4F6E65204F5320746F2072756C65207468656D20616C6C2C204F6E65204F5320746F
2066696E64207468656D2C0D0A4F6E65204F5320746F206272696E67207468656D20
616C6C20616E6420696E20746865206461726B6E6573732062696E64207468656D

"I cannot read the fiery letters," I said. "No," he said, "but I can. The letters are Hex, of an ancient mode, but the language is that of Microsoft, which I shall not utter here. But in common English this is what it says"

"One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them."

Please note that these items were taken from www.annoyances,org, but are in the public domain - feel free to forward!
Specifications are for the weak and timid!
You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!
Indentation?! - I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!
What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.
Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment on his code!
Klingon software does NOT have BUGS. It has FEATURES, and those features are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand.
You cannot truly appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the original Klingon.
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!

theangelofdeath69

• http://www.kaltemartech.com/
« Reply #21 on: 28 April 2003, 15:09 »
Is Windows a Virus?

No, Windows is not a virus. Here's what viruses do:

They replicate quickly - okay, Windows does that.

Viruses use up valuable system resources, slowing down the system as they do so - okay, Windows does that.

Viruses will, from time to time, trash your hard disk - okay, Windows does that too.

Viruses are usually carried, unknown to the user, along with valuable programs and systems. Sigh... Windows does that, too.

Viruses will occasionally make the user suspect their system is too slow (see 2) and the user will buy new hardware. Yup, that's with Windows, too.

Until now it seems Windows is a virus but there are fundamental differences:

Viruses are well supported by their authors, are running on most systems, their program code is fast, compact and efficient and they tend to become more sophisticated as they mature.

So Windows is not a virus.

It's a bug.
Specifications are for the weak and timid!
You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!
Indentation?! - I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!
What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.
Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment on his code!
Klingon software does NOT have BUGS. It has FEATURES, and those features are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand.
You cannot truly appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the original Klingon.
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!

suselinux

• Kudos: 30
« Reply #22 on: 1 May 2003, 12:04 »
There is only one reason Microsoft is where it is.

MS set the Office Document Standard

Thats it, not great programming, not a user friendly interface, not a more logical file system.

They simply put the first foot prints on the surface of the Virtual Office.  Now the sheep have to follow those steps and dance the Moron dance.  

Upgrade one two three, upgrade one two three, upgrade......  :D    :mad:  Office Document Standard

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #23 on: 1 May 2003, 14:06 »
actually microsoft are a lot more active than that to keep their dominant position, but what you say is the basis of their actions.

they aggressively try to set the defacto standard for any new thing that has file formats, and they usually succeed because all their compatition are usually dealing with some other problem (like not being as rich and greedy as microsoft) and microsoft can just walk all over them. in cases where the defacto standards exist already microsoft just tries to buy them out or crush them under the heel. they usually succeed at that too.

the internet and the linux upsurge are two things where they are having problems. they don't have any idea how to compete by bringing out superior products and have abandoned that approach, however none of their usual strategies work with the internet or linux. with the internet, they tried their secondary tactics of vapourware (you tell your competitors that you have a whiz bang product ready to ship in 3 months, they abandon their similar projects because they think microsoft will dominate the market and make a loss and then you take two years to never to release the damn thing) and "giving" stuff away. they just bundle software (like internet exploder) with products that people pay for, so they don't notice the hidden cost. this wipes out competitors who must charge for their similar products.

with linux, looks like they're just going to ignore it and hope it goes away, their only other recourse is to try and get linux or something necessary to linux made illegal. this appears to be the direction they are taking now, but i think it's too little too late.

so what i am saying is microsoft's aggressive behaviour in the marketplace is the key to its dominance.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism