Author Topic: Privacy issues  (Read 820 times)

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Privacy issues
« Reply #15 on: 3 April 2004, 13:40 »
quote:
Shiver: NB: I have no experience with Linux apart from using Knoppix a few times so if you give me an answer even a little complicated, I probably won't understand it.  

I can remember managing to write some NTFS files with Knoppix. It was buggy though.

However, I head the new kernel + Mandrake 10 can write NTFS FS's. I never tried that out though.

solarflare

• Kudos: 0
Privacy issues
« Reply #16 on: 3 April 2004, 17:29 »
quote:
Originally posted by nelson391:
The system that I am running is NTFS. Thanks for any help.

Solar,
I am becoming more and more disgusted with MS by the day and the privacy issue I just read about does not impress me one little bit, nor do you.

I think you should rethink your tone, no one appreciates cockiness.

ACTUALLY ITS NOT COCKINESS as U put it!

I AM TOTALLY SICK TO DEATH OF THE CRAP COMING OUT OF MICROSOFT!

Unfortunately the poor suckers using windows don't even realise that there are better alternatives to windows from companies who actually care about their customers. And that these other companies don't palm off beta versions as finished software or use their customers as some sort of milking machine for money.

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
Privacy issues
« Reply #17 on: 4 April 2004, 12:16 »
quote:
things such as Outlook Express mailings, OS DAT files, secret logs, etc? True DOS is not possible in XP from what I have read, so what now? What commands/formatting/executions need to be made to ensure my own privacy. I am now considering selling my current PC tpo obtain a MAC, so I need to clean my old PC out....I mean really clean it.

First off, don't bother selling it. You won't get enough out of a peecee to justify it. Keep it! I can't stress to you enough how good it is to have PC around to run Linux, or OPENSTEP... or GenSTEP :-D

This will solve that problem.

quote:
And that these other companies don't palm off beta versions as finished software or use their customers as some sort of milking machine for money.

Mac OS X 10.0

'Nuff said.

Red Hat 5

It seemed pretty busted, IMHO. They changed quite a bit in that release and it took some time before stuff got compatible again.

Nearly everybody has their bad releases. Win98 and WinMe were shitball. 95 wasn't that bad. NT 4 was solid as a rock, as is 2K and XP. Just keep em updated, which is true of any OS.

[ April 04, 2004: Message edited by: JimmyJames: GenSTEP Founder ]

Go the fuck ~

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
Privacy issues
« Reply #18 on: 4 April 2004, 23:14 »
^ NT4 is the shakiest of the NT series, actually.  And, I had 95 crash a few times yesterday by deleting a large number of files.  :mad:
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez