Author Topic: Microsucks feedback  (Read 504 times)

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Microsucks feedback
« on: 25 May 2002, 16:34 »
quote:
Hello and thank you for contacting us at Microsoft.com regarding your feedback.    

We're sorry that your experience with our products and services was less than acceptable. We will be forwarding your comments to the appropriate Microsoft group, which will use your feedback when planning and evaluating future enhancements. If you have additional suggestions for improvements, please send us mail again.

Sincerely,  

Tyrone  
Microsoft.com Customer Support

--- Original Message ---
From:    (...) To:      [email protected] Sent:    Sat May 25 03:08:41 PDT 2002
Subject: Microsoft.Com ContactUS

URL:http:2F2Fwww2Emicrosoft.co=/mscorp2F LANG:English (United States)
LOC:NL
BR: windows nt 5.1/netscape6/6.2.2/ en-gb

Just wait until Lindows OS comes out and your evil schemes will come to an end... it's throwing off Windows time for me in September this year...
Many of us don't want crappy products... we want quality... we want OpenSource solutions... we want Linux!
I hope everyone at Microsoft will burn in hell.

What the hell could possibly be improved?
« Last Edit: 26 April 2005, 17:52 by Refalm »

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Microsucks feedback
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2002, 17:56 »
They use Solaris on some parts of the site and Microsoft

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Microsucks feedback
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2002, 19:22 »
quote:
X11:  According to nmap scans and other checks M$ look like they are running Linux. MSN is susposedly running a .net server. But that hasn't enough source code. Obviously Microsoft have gotten the Apache source, and raped it so it reports a Microsoft .net server.

I think they first tried to run the MSN server on IIS/.NET because it was so buggy that I wasn't sure if I could connect or not... and all of the sudden, they said: "We are making repairs to our server. Please shud down all your conversations." and they did this for over a few days. Later on, the network always connected, and I think it is because they installed an alternative Microsoft product at that point, because MSN was really getting popular.

Heru

• Kudos: 0
Microsucks feedback
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2002, 04:59 »
Hotmail is running FreeBSD with Sendmail among other open osurce apps.

And their site(pure propaganda anti-unix crap) wehavethewayout.com was running OpenBSD when it came online but two days later they switched to Windows 2000 running IIS and it promptly crashed for two whole days!

And I love how that response doesn't even fit the email you sent.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Microsucks feedback
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2002, 13:21 »
quote:
Hotmailsux.com: At one point a long time ago, Hotmail was an independent site. It was a nice, reliable email provider. The reliability stemmed from the fact that Hotmail ran on FreeBSD. As soon as Billy G. gobbled it up, he demanded that Microsoft move the whole thing over to Microsoft's own IIS system (their NT web-server). God forbid Billy G. had anything to do with one of his competitors. Unfortunately, all of Microsoft's systems and products suck, and their attempt at moving Hotmail over to their server failed. Hotmail is down quite frequently, and even when it is running, many people still have problems logging into their accounts. Hotmail is now using FreeBSD, so it seems like they have given up on themselves.
Hotmail is a great example of what Microsoft is all about. If they can't get their own products to work on their own systems in their own labs, how can we as consumers expect to be able to use Microsoft products ourselves in our own homes?

Hotmailsux.com is a good website for requesting a good e-mail address and make that address you .NET Passport and show all your MSN buddies *AI bots wannabees* that you don't like Hotmail.

Dressler

• Kudos: 0
Microsucks feedback
« Reply #5 on: 27 November 2002, 16:54 »
"A Microsoft slogan is "One World, One Web, One Program"

Hitler said "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein F
Gates...Damn him, Damn that man!